News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CL WE 5 9 55 Green 500 Set Straight Grey Cord

Started by Doug Rose, December 08, 2018, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this on CL over a month ago. Bad pic and he was over an hour away. "I'm coming to Framingham on 12/8, I'll drop it off." $35 delivered.

All the dates match except the transmitter has NO date and I cannot get the receiver element out.

Shell is 5 9 55, base, coil, ringer and dial are 5 55.

Is this anyone's birthday?

Phone is fully functional.  Calls out with ease, conversation is loud and clear with NO Static. The clear finger wheel is broken and needs to be replaced

No chips cracks or missing pieces. It has a few stains that I will attack tomorrow.

Not a 500 guy but I think the straight is more desirable than the curly.

I got the original line cord already removed with an older Mahogany 4 prong, the one that is just square, no wings. Cord is black and date is tough to read, I will work on it tomorrow

Doug
Kidphone

jsowers

Vern Potter is 5-55 but I don't know the exact day. Here's a post by him wanting a green handset, so maybe he would also like the entire phone?

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19976.msg204815#msg204815

Send him a PM and be prepared to wait until he goes to the library.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

I was up early, couldn't sleep knowing it was waiting for me! This cleaned up well, not perfect but in nice shape. No cracks, it has that warm soft plastic look. All original except the modular line cord. Stains are better, should buff out. Not bad for a Sixty-Three year old phone....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

It sure did clean up nice. I have the same phone but mine has a gray curly cord. Green has to be my favorite of the WE 500 colors. Straight cords are more desirable but curly cords were an upgrade. Can't beat that price, you guys up north have a lot of old phones around. There is literally nothing but overpriced common stuff here in Richmond. I have to travel way out of town to find anything.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

The guy I bought it from said it was his parents. He remembers it from his childhood. I would have kept it, but that is just me...Doug
Kidphone