"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 71: WE Mediterranean Blue 554 Wall Set

Started by bingster, February 17, 2012, 03:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Dennis:

Weren't you approached once by a neighbor from Michigan asking $800 for a MedBlue 554? That's what I used as a basis for my weird bid plus a fudge factor that has to do with the temperature outside plus the wind direction.  ;D ;D ;D Hint: if you can't find the pictures, search for bbqbob

Terry:

You are correct with the drug name and dose, but unfortunately, there is no cure for this.

Doug:

Take as aspirin with orange juice and call me in the morning.
Jorge

Jester

Like many here, I was completely BLOWN AWAY by the final bids on these two auctions!!  The one consolation I have is that there are a few more examples of these colored phones & models of these phones out there, and bidders with deep pockets can't get them all.  On the other hand,  I hope 195bdwy is still in the mood to buy when I'm ready to sell.... ;D :D >:(!!
Stephen

Dennis Markham

When I was early in my collecting career a fellow long-time collector/friend contacted me saying third collector had a near-mint Mediterranean Blue 554 that he wanted to trade for a stick phone and some parts.  I was told that the value of the parts was about $400 and if I wanted to pay the $400 I could have the blue phone.  I passed.  The phone was listed on eBay and sold for $900.  Of course hind-sight is 20-20.

twocvbloke

I think the seller will be cracking open the bubbly after that payment has been received, holy monkey that's a lot of money!!! :o

RotarDad

With all the crazy prices on Ebay these days, (M-Blue, 500U, etc.), it appears there wil be more "window shopping" in my future.  A 4-figure 554??   I think M-Blue has become the 5XX phone equivalent of the '71 Hemi 'Cuda.  (I'd like one of those also, by the way!)   Paul
Paul

twocvbloke

I'm thinking it's time to start selling, this trend of high prices is happening a lot, I've seen not particularly rare vacuums go for silly money too, it's definitely a sellers market at the moment... :D

Tom B

It reinforces my belief in how lucky I was to get my Med Blue 500 for $45.00 / £29.00
:o
Tom