News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interesting test numbers

Started by BDM, April 17, 2009, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

For all you folks who have unlimited long distance. Try these.

909-390-0003 - This is an "echo" test number. Talk, and it plays back your voice. I was trying this on different phones to get a vague idea of what they sounded like. I discovered that my 302 sounds better than my cordless. Which is what most folks have been telling me. When called, you'll not hear an "answer". It sounds like the line is dead, but it isn't. Just talk, and you should hear your voice repeated.

416-981-0001 - Ringback number. This tells you your number, then calls you back.

Again, these are toll numbers. So if you do not have unlimited, watch out. I have Vonage, and the ringback doesn't work for me. My bud on AT&T stated it does for him.

Last, post any strange or interesting numbers you have. Please, no crap like sex lines or anything of that nature. Just something that may interest a phone buff. One thing I've been searching for is a toll-free conference number. I figure maybe several of us could try that. Would be nice to put a voice to some of the faces.

Here's something many collectors have been playing with.
http://www.ckts.info/

Here is a further list of ringback numbers that may be in your area.
http://www.vonage-forum.com/faq-yes-16-ANAC+and+Ringback+Numbers
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

The first one works for me, but the second one doesn't.  I get my phone service through the cable company, so that's probably why.  It did identify my number correctly, though.
= DARRIN =

Bill

First number works nicely for me (southern Maine). The second goes into a US Cellular error message unless I put a 1 in front of it. When I do that, it tells me a bunch of stuff including my number, then says "Hang up for callback - but it doesn't call me back.

I'm on RoadRunner digital phone.

BDM

Quote from: Bill on April 18, 2009, 11:33:51 AM
First number works nicely for me (southern Maine). The second goes into a US Cellular error message unless I put a 1 in front of it. When I do that, it tells me a bunch of stuff including my number, then says "Hang up for callback - but it doesn't call me back.

I'm on RoadRunner digital phone.

I believe it gets confused with VoiP service. My bud told me it worked with his AT&T service a few months back. He drove his wife nuts with it ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Steve

I have AT&T land line and theses no callback :(
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

rp2813

I just tried both numbers.  The first one just gave dead air and didn't repeat anything back.  The second one gave me the same results as Bill got.  I guess I'm sticking with calling myself from the cell phone for the time being.

Ralph
Ralph