News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mediterranean Blue 500

Started by MagicMo, April 27, 2019, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi, I've been out of touch with phone collecting. I was wondering if it is a good time to sell some of my collection or wait? I have 2 Mediterranean blues, in mint condition. What have they been going for on eBay?
Also I have 3 original Bell systems car phone in mint condition. I haven't seen those up for auction at all. One is even new!
Coin pay phones too.
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Maureen
Practice Kindness :)

RotarDad

Hi Maureen- Welcome back!  I think the higher-quality stuff is getting pretty good prices still.  Standard stuff may be selling lower.  Only half of US households still have a landline, and this figure will only continue to fall.  I think this means more of the vintage phone market lies with collectors, some of whom will pay up for high-quality, less-common items.  Dennis Markham recently got nearly $700 on EBay for a beautifully restored M-Blue 500, and that may be a record, and an anomaly...   :). We are late stage in a 10-year economic growth cycle - I vote for selling now, and I been selling some of my extras also.

I hope all is well with you!

Paul

RotarDad

To clarify, I would guess a nice M-Blue would probably auction about $400.  Others can chime in to add opinions..  I sold one many months back and got about $425.  It was nicely restored, but not to level Dennis M. takes his work.
Paul

Sargeguy

I agree. $400 is what I'd exect for a well-described and photographed auction, with the posssibility to go higher.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Russ Kirk

I still need a Med blue for my collectin. Please let us know the ebay auction if you decide to sell.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

Hi Mo, welcome back!  I would agree with what has already been said, not a bad time to sell some good ones. It looks like you have some stuff nicely displayed, that is not what I remember from when you first came here. Wasn't it all just piled up all over the house?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MagicMo

Hi,
I will be selling a few within the next couple weeks.
I have most of them in boxes in the basement still. I have a small area in the basement where I display a few. I was thinking about selling some, and I agree it's probably the best time, like most of you said.
I will def let everyone know when I start an auction again. I'm prob going to start before the end of May. I have to spend some time going through boxes again.
Thanks for the feedback!
Maureen

Practice Kindness :)