News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson 1208-A

Started by Telephone Mike, April 09, 2013, 02:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telephone Mike

As you can see, some fool made lamps out of these great phones.  I am trying to find the transmitter unit with no luck.  The top is threaded to receive the bulb holders, is that original and if I find transmitters will they screw in also?  I guess it's possible that these can't be restored.  Any thoughts or help finding the missing parts?

Thanks alot,

Mike

paul-f

Mike,

Anything can be restored.  It's just a question of how many parts need to be replaced and IF you can find them.

Want posts on the TCI and ATCA lists might turn up something.  Oldphoneworks may have the parts.

Here are a few stock external photos.

Have you checked this site for parts lists and exploded diagrams?
 http://www.strombergcarlsontelephone.com/

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Sargeguy

It seems to me that this model was disproportionately "Lampified" I have seen other examples recently that were turned into lamps. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rdelius

It would be easier to get 2 non dial SC sets and move the base and switch contacts.The upper parts of SC sticks are a pain to adjust properly.These dial sets are hard to find.

poplar1

It seems people are always looking for the twist-on baseplates; so it is good you have those.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Telephone Mike

I got a nice response from Gary Goff

"Mike, here are the facts.  Note that the tops of the flared perch have been sawed off, leaving a totally useless piece as far as the phone restoration is concerned.  A perch with perch bolt, cup, and transmitter, will likely be difficult to find, but this assembly can come from a non dial stick as well as a dial stick, and there were tons of the non dial Stromberg sets around, and they don't command much money.  If you can find two junkers, you would have the parts to restore your two dial sticks.  The perch threads on to the top of the shaft.  If you have not see this assembly, I can take a photo of the top of one of mine.  There are many photos of the SC sticks on the internet, here and there, so Google Stormberg Carlson Dial Deskstand and see what you get."

I talked to the owner who wants these restored and he said to just clean them up and keep them lamps.  I told him the restoration option will always be there and I'll keep an eye out for the parts needed.

Thanks for all the replies.

Mike

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409