News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique heaven.

Started by Greg G., July 22, 2010, 03:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

After I got done photographing the intercoms, I toured the rest of the warehouse and took a few pictures.  This doesn't even scratch the surface.  There's a lot of things in packed boxes and luggage, and this is only one warehouse, actually more of a large storage unit.  The other one is a real warehouse, stuff to the rafters.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

More pics.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

It looks like that Addams family's attic.

Larry

AE_Collector

Looks more like a store/antique mall than a warehouse. There was that large antique store in Burlington that I heard has closed down now? Bought a couple of phones there in the past.

Terry

Greg G.

Of the two warehouses, this one had much more stuff out in the open than the other one, although I was told that all those pieces of luggage have something in them.  They aren't sure what, except for that one suitcase marked "furs".  It was laying on the floor so I opened it.  Filled with fur stoles. 
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

I just noticed in the 4th picture in the second post, the gray timer on the shelf.  I have one almost just like it, only not as nice looking.  It was one of the few things that had a price tag on it, so some of this stuff was up for sale at one time.  I only paid a few bucks for mine from Goodwill.  You can't see it very well in my picture, but mine says "MFG. FOR GENERAL ELECTRIC CO. X-RAY DEPT.".  I use it mostly for timing my laundry. 
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

what's the story behind this place.. ??? wish i could go nose around for a few days :o is your laundry in training?..why do you time it ??? ;D
donna

Greg G.

Quote from: bwanna on July 22, 2010, 11:30:33 PM
what's the story behind this place.. ??? wish i could go nose around for a few days :o is your laundry in training?..why do you time it ??? ;D

Story behind the place is it was David's (the older gentleman) family's estate from Pennsylvania.  Why they moved it way out here, I don't know.

No, I'm not training my laundry, it's training me.   ;)  Since I use one of those apartment building coin-operated laundry rooms, the timer reminds me when the wash or dry cycles are done so I don't forget them.  25 minutes for a wash cycle, 1 hr for a dry cycle.  It has a nice loud ring that always startles me.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Quote from: Brinybay on July 22, 2010, 03:58:25 PM
I use it mostly for timing my laundry.  
Hokay..............................................
When the timer runs down, what do you do, change your underwear, or flip it inside-out? ;) Personally, I get 4 wears out of mine before washing, front-ways, then backwards, then I flip it inside-out, then wear it front and backwards! By the time it is ready to wash, they are antiques with Patina!

Preserve water! Its our most precious resource.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001