"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

To Sell Or Not To Sell...

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, October 13, 2015, 01:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

...that is the question! ;D

A very nice Blue WE304 apparently went up for auction 2 days ago, and no one has even thought to look past the $1,299 starting bid!

Beautiful phone, but I don't think anyone will try getting it. What's funny is if it were being sold by an unknowing seller with crappy pictures at a $5.00 starting bid, the price may very well get past $1,500!

Or maybe everyone ran away due to the Scratch of Doom! :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141798289062
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

19and41

Mighty attractive phone, warts and all.  I didn't know 'til earlier this year there were colored plastic phones of that vintage made.  I never saw a phone that wasn't black 'til about 1963 when my grandmother got a beige one with a volume control handset.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

mentalstampede

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on October 13, 2015, 01:14:22 PM

Beautiful phone, but I don't think anyone will try getting it. What's funny is if it were being sold by an unknowing seller with crappy pictures at a $5.00 starting bid, the price may very well get past $1,500!

Agreed. The seller would probably have been a whole lot wiser to list it with a low starting bid and maybe a high reserve.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Doug Rose

FYI....it is at $1474.00 with a day to go....I always put the opening bid as the least I will take ...no reserve BS. I think it was played correctly. JMHO....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 16, 2015, 08:40:35 PM
FYI....it is at $1474.00 with a day to go....

The auction has 5 bids from only 2 bidders. That always makes for an interesting ending, one bows out or a price fight. Should be fun to watch the ending, either way.