News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 5302 found

Started by jsaxe, October 03, 2008, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsaxe

DISCLAIMER:  I have no financial interest in the item I'm writing about!

That said, a local antique dealer just gave me a mystery radio chassis, and I noticed he had 5302 in his store.  He had no price on it and I let him know he had something.  The phone is complete with an F1 handset, no visible cracks, the line cord is cut off at the case.  As far as I can see the case is scuffed, but not badly. and it appears complete. 

I would appreciate suggestions as to what a fair selling price would be.

***Please do not make any offers for it at this time***

I'd like to test it and establish a fair price before putting it in the for sale section.

I have no particular interest in this myself, just want to help out a neighbor.

John

Dan/Panther

I'm not sure of a price to pay for the item, but tellin g the dealer he had something just doubled the price.
Have someone else go in and look around, then say, "how much you want fore this P.O.S. Phone.
Nevewr let your right hand know what the left hand is doing.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

benhutcherson

Truthfully, since 5302s are relatively rare as far as WE sets go, I don't have a lot of basis for prices.

Restored ones seem to consistently run $100-150 on Ebay.

I paid $20 for mine, in really rough shape, and grinned all the way home. I probably would have paid twice as much, but no more.

For one as you've described, but unrestored, I would guess somewhere in the $50-70 range. There again, they don't seem to come up for sale all that often, so I may be on the high end.

BDM

Honestly, they were produced for only a few years. But many were produced. W.E. used up the large inventory of 302/H mount parts they had. I see several a week come up for sale on Ebag. They really aren't that hard to find. Now, you want hard to find. Locate a marked 1949/50 500 series. Or, an A1/AA1 cradle mount.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

jsaxe

Let me just point out that the dealer in question runs a very nice little restaurant and bed and breakfast, just down the street from us, and does antiques on the side.

He's a neighbor and a good guy who also has some radios and more interesting phones on hand, he gave me a Philco 39-55 chassis and I wanted  to return the favor.

John