News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bunch of nice parts sold on Ebay yesterday

Started by wds, October 19, 2015, 09:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Don't know if anyone was watching these, but some really neat stuff sold last night - way past my bedtime so I'm a little tired today.  I did manage to win a couple of the auctions.  Some ABT transmitters, glass mouthpieces, Northern dials, #2 dials - some really nice stuff.  I think the seller could have made quite a bit more than he did if he had listed everything in smaller groups.  Some of the parts appeared to be NOS.

Lot 1

lot 2

Lot 3

Lot 4

Lot 5

Lot 6
Dave

Dan/Panther

I think it's time to start gathering up the odds and ends.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

I wanted the Northern dial....but did not bid high enough....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Here's pictures of the Northern Dial - it's in really good condition.  No flaws on the number plate, spins real nice.  All I need is a phone to put it on.   This batch came with 3-#2 dials, and a nice north dial.  I'll post more pictures later.
Dave

Doug Rose

Nice haul Dave....I didn't bid high enough....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Here's one of the #2 WE dials.  On the side of the dial it says "Western Electric Made in USA Pat App For", but there are no dates.  All of my other #2's had the dates either on the side or on the back.  Anyone have any ideas about the missing dates?
Dave

wds

After some research it turns out that this is an early type 2 #2 dial.  Type 1 had the 2A stamped in the back of the dial, this type 2 was next, with no patent dates.    The newer type 3 had the patent dates on the side, type 4 had patent dates on the back.  Also, when you spin the dial, it clicks loudly when you wind the dial and again when it returns.  This one is a keeper.
Dave