Main Menu

WE TT Telstar wiring issues, need help, please

Started by RotoTech99, April 09, 2019, 08:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Poplar1:

GM,  I'm still encountering the issues I mentioned earlier with my Telstar
phone regrettably...

I was thinking of taping and storing the blue and blue/white leads,  and connecting the wiring as if the phone was a 2500 with the typical 7 lead hook.

it doesn't get dial tone if I connect it per the schematic still,  but when I move either the slate or yellow to one of the other terminal points like B or RR,  It will get tone and dial,  but not ring.

The cap.  between K and A is good, thankfully.

if eliminating the blue and blue white leads from the issue along with wiring it as I thought of doing,  the Telstar may wind up getting discombobulated for parts.

What do you suggest,  please?

RotoTech99

Key2871

Are you a hundred percent that the dial works as it should?
And you have the ringer wired correct.
It almost seems that a hook switch, or lead is not completing the circuit, maybe the base Jack.
Have you tried by passing the hook switch altogether.
And if it all works, try one side then the other. If the problem shows up, you've narrowed the results.
Other than checking for tip and ring voltage with a VOM volt ohm meter, your going to keep spinning your wheel's.
KEN

RotoTech99

Dear Key2871:

I don't have a volt/ohm meter,  but I do have a 35 type dial I  can try in place of the 72 type dial. The 72 type dials normally don't give me many issues with operations, it's usually the 35 dial that gives me a headache.

I've checked my wiring,  and the wires are connected where they should be.

I'm still suspecting the blue and blue/white leads may be the issue.

I'm not ready to give up on it yet,  although it's making a nuisance out of itself.

If I can locate it later,  I might have a Telstar with a good hook assembly.

RotoTech99

Key2871

If the 35 dial works now, you can try that. But if you know that the one in it works now, don't bother.
For now by pass the hook switches, try it. If it works then you know there's a problem with one or both.
Then go back and hook up one side, if it still works, good.
If not you have found the problem.
And remember that the ringer does not get connected through the switches. That requires phone power all the time. The only thing that should get a switch is your network.

Ken
KEN

poplar1

Quote from: RotoTech99 on April 11, 2019, 07:21:54 AM

it doesn't get dial tone if I connect it per the schematic still,  but when I move either the slate or yellow to one of the other terminal points like B or RR,  It will get tone and dial,  but not ring.

Where do you have the green and red incoming wires? If neither of the wires is on L2, but the yellow brown, and slate wires are on L2, then moving either of these 3 wires to B or RR shouldn't do anything.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotoTech99

Dear Poplar1:

I'm still having no luck with it; However,  if I can find it,  I have one more Telstar I can cull the hookswitch from if need be.

I think the hookswitch is "shot",  everything else I checked using a spare phone with similar wiring.
I'm checking the continuity on a 72 type dial's leads just in case.