"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

For the vintage TV buffs

Started by Greg G., May 23, 2010, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

See if you can guess this one:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

I will guess Duke Ellington, Cavalcade of Stars.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on May 23, 2010, 08:41:04 PM
I will guess Duke Ellington, Cavalcade of Stars.
D/P

I meant the TV itself, but that's a good guess.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

My guess is that it is an Admiral.  Am I right?  the picture looks fake, though.  Too sharp.
-Bill G

Bill Cahill

Definately an Admiral tv. Looks like a fake picture of Lawrence Welk on screen.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Greg G.

Well, you're all pretty close.  The picture is fake because the "TV" is.  It's a vintage store display, a cardboard mockup.
- Mike Row
e

mmd

Quote from: Brinybay on May 25, 2010, 05:09:54 AM
Well, you're all pretty close.  The picture is fake because the "TV" is.  It's a vintage store display, a cardboard mockup.
Just saw the thread and thats what I noticed, it seemed cardboardish and lopsided.
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

rp2813

Yeah, I have a 1950 Admiral 10" bakelite consolette and the knobs are the same on the cardboard one.  That's what I couldn't figure out.  It has the real knobs, it says "Admiral" below the screen, but that whole piece around the screen looks tacked on and pushed in up at top left, and there isn't enough space between the front lens and the actual CRT.  Now I know why.  It has neither.
Ralph