News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson 1216 - Tragedy

Started by LarryInMichigan, July 08, 2012, 05:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Does yours show "1216" or "1215" on the bottom?  Mine has 1215.  I haven't yet tried to determine the difference.

Larry

dhilarious

this one says 1215, I dont know what my other one said

LarryInMichigan

The seller stated on Friday that he would refund my money, but I am still waiting for it.  Most of messages to him have been ignored.  I opened a case with ebay today, but I have to wait eight days before I can do anything further.  This is almost enough to make me stop buying things online.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I just received the refund from the seller, so now I need to decide what to do with this phone (or what remains of it).

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: dhilarious on July 15, 2012, 05:26:06 PM
FYI,

I took mine apart today because the cradle on the one I have left had a crack in it from shipping.  The base and the cradle are exactly from the 1198.

Since the cord is gone on my 1216, I am going to convert this to a single line and put a subset and ringer in the base.  I will keep all the original parts incase anyone wants to turn it back.  This way it will look identical to the original use but be functional today.  I think a cord is impossible to get to I think my idea works well.

The most important thing for this is the metal bottom tray and all the buttons.  If you have all that you are in a good spot.

I would like to know what your steps are to convert it to use as a single line.  If you don't mind, could you post them in the tech area?  I didn't know these needed a subset, mine has a buzzer of some sort in it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Bill

Coming in late, I know. If I am not mistaken, UPS automatically includes $100 shipping insurance on all packages, unlike USPS. Perhaps the seller was waiting to get his UPS settlement before settling with you.

Bill

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Bill on July 23, 2012, 12:36:03 PM
Coming in late, I know. If I am not mistaken, UPS automatically includes $100 shipping insurance on all packages, unlike USPS. Perhaps the seller was waiting to get his UPS settlement before settling with you.

Bill

I called UPS a few days ago to find out if I could make a claim, and they told me that he had not made one, and I could not make one.

I glued the broken pieces back together, but the cracks are noticeable.  I might just put it together as a single-line phone with a new dial and handset if it won't look too terrible.  the shell does contain a network.

Larry