News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Latest Phone Mistake

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 10, 2016, 06:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

The phone may well have been painted by a kid as you suspected.  Look at the seller's other items currently, many toys.  I am sure he just buys estates and flips the items on eBay.
Everyone makes mistakes... buying and selling.  I seem to remember at least one of such purchases, I was 'hurting' in a similar way, and just wined[I probably had too much of that] whined a little bit about it in an email to my seller before leaving feedback, and they offered me half the purchase price back without my asking explicitly. I think I may just have said something like "...I should never have bought it for that".  I was happy, had a few spare parts—I think it was a Princess phone—and both parties had at least gained something.

In this case, I think I would not put much extra effort into that 'phone', just leave it as an example of the type it represents—it does have the company logos imbedded—and move on.  A better deal will come along, and perhaps even some spare parts for this one.

Dan/Panther

Quote from: TelePlay on March 10, 2016, 07:52:27 PM
And the seller does not offer a return and not well described in the auction. The bottom auction photo shows no gongs but hard to tell everything else is missing. Too bad . . .  Are you going to take it back to black?

The seller doesn't have to offer a return to get reimbursed for a deceptive auction. Just file a claim. MOST sellers will make it right rather than risk bad PR. Plus if you have more positive feedback than the seller, eBay will usually side with you.
I have 1817 Positive feedback, and have been a member since 1998. Over the years OI have had maybe half a dozen claims, never lost one yet.
You have better feedback than the seller, plus his one negative feedback is for "Item not as described."
I recently had a dispute about an item not as described. Both of us had good feedback, eBay settled by giving me my money back, letting him keep the money from the auction, and told me I could keep the item. Never heard of that before.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

LarryInMichigan

I plan to put away this mess and try to forget about it.  I already badly damaged the shell with paint stripper.  I originally thought that it was bakelite like the handset, but it is some sort of plastic which dissolves more easily than the green paint.  I really don't want to blame the seller.

Larry

Fabius

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 11, 2016, 12:42:38 PM
eBay settled by giving me my money back, letting him keep the money from the auction, and told me I could keep the item. Never heard of that before.
D/P

I had that happen twice. eBay said they were refunding my money "as a courtesy". And I could keep the item.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905