News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Northern Ontario

Started by b3tamax11, May 28, 2016, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b3tamax11

I realized I didn't make an introduction thread. I started collecting a few years ago, picking up a few at yard sales, ebay, etc. over time. I mostly prefer to collect Northern Electric stuff. I don't have the best setup at the moment to display my stuff but I have most of them out save for my grandmothers Ivory 3554 and a Push-to-talk Canadian National Railways Wood Wall phone. I already got a ton of help fixing my forget-me-not blue AE Starlite from you guys, so im glad to be here!

DavePEI

Nice to see another Northern Electric/NT/Nortel collector, and another Canadian collector! We Canadians are taking over the Forum. "You will be assimilated8)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

CanadianGuy

Hello from your neighbour to the West. Where are you in Ontario? My Dad has a cabin near Minaki(in the Reddit subdivision near Kenora, if you're not familiar with stuff THAT far North!)

I still don't have any phones, but come across many wooden or rotary phones here in Winnipeg almost weekly. Not for sale, just in customers homes. Some have interesting stories, most are just passed down from family.

b3tamax11

Quote from: CanadianGuy on May 29, 2016, 07:21:21 PM
Hello from your neighbour to the West. Where are you in Ontario? My Dad has a cabin near Minaki(in the Reddit subdivision near Kenora, if you're not familiar with stuff THAT far North!)

I still don't have any phones, but come across many wooden or rotary phones here in Winnipeg almost weekly. Not for sale, just in customers homes. Some have interesting stories, most are just passed down from family.

I'm out in the Sudbury area, I have lots of family out towards Kenora though!

Welcome to CRPF from another fellow Canadian in Ontario.

finkmac

The more canucks the better, more of that sweet Northern Electric Quality.
NT Northern Telecom