News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NET&T diecut 8x6.5" beautiful early Bell (Ebay #382082680382)- Value?

Started by rfkimba, May 17, 2017, 01:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfkimba

Hi Collectors,

I noted this oustanding condition phone booth sign on Ebay circa 1985 to 1908 . Looks like it will go for alot . I didn't have any other  priced examples that have sold recently so as to judge  its value. Anyone care to venture what is its value range?

Thanks,

Bob Farber
ATCA, TCI

Sargeguy

One almost as nice without the NET&T markings sold for $1125 a couple of years ago on eBay.  I bought the exact same sign as this one last month for $105, although mine has a lot of rust and chipping:

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Note the small triangular notches in the back where there is no enamel.  I wonder if "17" is the batch number or workstation, or something else?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

I thought that $1125 for the non-NETT version of this sign a couple was crazy.  That one looks like a bargain by comparison!

Looks like a 4-way bidding war!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Signguy

That sign is not a rare sign. It may be considered somewhat scarce, but not rare. In 45 years of collecting tel signs I have seen many of these examples. I have even seen these on the original call boxes. 3 to a box. I have owned at least 6 or 7.

Fabius...... what is your opinion? You have been at this a long, long time also.

Sargeguy

I haven't been at this nearly as long as either one of you guys. I have been looking for one of these for a while and, at least on eBay, they don't come up that often. When they do they seem to get crazy money. I think it is a combination of relative scarcity and high demand.  There are a number of examples of the sign and the standard version in books and on websites so I agree they're not super rare.  While this one is in really good condition it certainly isn't perfect.   After this auction I wouldn't be surprised to see them "coming out of the woodwork" so speak.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Same person who purchased this also purchased the Bell System Lamp Shade that ended yesterday as well. Maybe a Forum Member  8). The sign was from Mansfield MA which is less than 1 hour from me, just outside of Foxborough home of the World Champs. I think the sign is worth the 1.5K considering how wonderful the porcelain still is. You just don't see these everyday. I have no more rooms for signs...or anything else  :o..Doug

http://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/122498625046?
Kidphone