News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Standard telephone Company sign

Started by Gary Z, September 30, 2017, 06:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Z

I saw this sign in an antique store. 2 sided pay station. It has no bell but is a local and long distance in the middle. This is the better of the 2 sides. There are more chips on the other side near the flange. I left and I should have taken a better picture but I wasn't planning on posting it. Anyone have a value range for it based on what you can see?

Sargeguy

This looks like a rare one, but the logo is a generic one used by at least one other telco.  Independent telco signs are more rare than Bell System ones, but also less sought after in general.  There are some rare independents that will fetch a lot of $$$, but I don't think this is one of them.  It is a payphone sign, and that counts for something. The most important side of a flanged sign is the outward facing side, so it would be nice to see a picture of that side.  With all the damage I do see I'd say it is worth about 1/2 what they are asking.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Fabius

I agree with Greg. A pretty scarce sign but not the most attractive design.I learned something new, that this same design was used for more the one company. Here is a picture of mine. The maker's name on mine is BURDICK CONS BLDG. CHICAGO
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Payphone installer

I can tell you that unless it is already gone I would be on my way back to buy it. It is a rare sign,in today's world a collectors price 250-400. If was you I would buy that sign.