News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My GPO 300's bell rings when I dial out...

Started by Jakemm06, November 20, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakemm06

I took my lovely GPO 300 series phone apart to clean it and to try and buff up the bakelite. I removed everything and unattached the rotary dial and mechanism. When I put it back together it now rings slightly when I dial. Any ideas what could be causing it? When putting it back together I found a stray black wire... If anyone can help me shed any light on the issue it would be much appreciated! If you would like pictures I can take the phone apart again and take some, just let me know :)

Many thanks in advance,

Martin

TelePlay

Pictures will help greatly. The GPO guys need them to see what's going on in your phone.

You can attach up to 6 images to each reply. Keep the size of the photos not more than 2500 pixels on the largest side of the image.

ThePillenwerfer

I don't know whereabouts in the world you are, the current UK system is a bit odd.

The diagram showing how it should be set up for UK use is attached.  If you are in America, or most other countries, link terminals 10 and 11 together and forget the wire going from T11 to the plug.

As for your problem I'd suspect there's something disconnected on the line between terminal 6 of the induction coil and T11 on the 'phone's connexion block.  The wire going from T11 to contact 3 on the gravity switch is black so that could be your stray.