News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

another 564 saved....

Started by Babybearjs, February 22, 2018, 11:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.... found the listing for the remains of what was a 564 and just had to pay shipping.... winning bid: $1.00! cleaned up the terminal boards and cord.... added a ringer, dial and handset.... (Thank God for spare parts!) and have ANOTHER black 564 phone.... (Boy, these were popular!) enclosed is a picture of the finished Product. Thank You Phil McCarter for the Black NE shells! they finally got put to use! had to replace some missing screws.... and #51A lamps... but, all in all... it was another fun project! now, I'm on the search for a RED 564! (wonder if I'm ever going to find on at this price???)
John

HarrySmith

Good job, looks great. A good buy also! Do you have a before picture?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on February 22, 2018, 11:37:11 PMand have ANOTHER black 564 phone.... (Boy, these were popular!)

"You can have any colour you like so long as it's black!"

Babybearjs

heres the original picture of it from the seller.... it was quite a fun project cleaning it up.... the cord is a D30A and almost has all the wires.... the violet pairs were left out and the yellow/blue set is missing.... I even put in the MW lamp under the HOLD key. still have to get a H1B ringer for it... using a C4A frequency ringer right now. which leads me to ask.... If I ADD another .47uf cap to the A and K terminals, will the ringer work OK? I have to still check to see if the ringer even works....
John

twocvbloke

That cable looks like it requires gloves to handle it....... :o

Babybearjs

No Gloves, just a good cleaning.... and that's what it got....
John

HarrySmith

OK, that was one nasty cord! I just noticed in the background you do the same thing I do, using old prescription bottles to hold screws and what not ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Babybearjs

;D the bottles work great for parts...especially those 4-40 screws.... they just seem to get in the way at times....(bottles that is) I keep knocking them over.....
John