News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Clear Thick "X" Finger Wheel for a 4J Dial

Started by Doug Rose, August 24, 2011, 07:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I came across a a WE Clear finger wheel for a 4J. 4J was the original dial to have a clear finger wheel. This is very thick. The 4J dial is a tough find, the clear finger wheel is next to impossible to find. That is why you see 4Js with a chrome finger wheel. It is secured by an "x" flange. If your have an old WE factory painted 102 or 202 or a pre war Ivory 302, this is the finger wheel that should be on your 4J. This is a really tough find? Anyone have a WE 4J that they want to sell or trade? ...Doug
Kidphone

jsowers

Doug, how was the number card held in this thing? Did it have a clear acetate disk to protect the card? It looks like whatever held the card in and hid the X mount is missing.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Jonathan... I was told the acetate just snapped in over the dial card. I have never had a 4J or seen this finger wheel up close. It is really thick and has indents on the outside of the holes. It is amazing how thick it it. It looks perfect, but the flash shows a little dirt, so I have to do a good cleaning on it.

If I can't get a 4J, you guys who have one; I will be open to offers.

It is amazing what survives. My guess is someone had an old factory painted set and didn't think that the clear fingerwheel belonged and changed it out. I know in the beginning of my uninformed collecting days, I did just that. ..Doug
Kidphone