"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT/NT 564 Buzzer Connections?

Started by WesternElectricBen, June 29, 2014, 09:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

poplar1

This is an outboard intercom with an amphenol connector, correct? And you have other phones working using the last button on each phone? And the buzzers are working in the other phones when you dial the right intercom number?

Are your cables from the phones punched down on the block inside the cabinet, or on a separate block then cross-connected with jumper wire to the KSU?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Yes, we used a external intercom.

All the the connector cables (25 pair female that go to the phone) and punched down on seperate 66 blocks.

Ben

Babybearjs

ben, what I normally do with the ringers on these phones is attach them to L1 and L2 on the network and then attach a spare wire set to that connection so the ringer can be assigned on the 66 block (cross-connect) then I use the RR and RT terminals for a buzzer using another spare wire pair... what type buzzer are you using?? the little round one that attaches to the side of the dial, or a #7A buzzer?
John

Phonesrfun

Quote from: paul-f on June 30, 2014, 08:17:02 PM

We know you meant to type 118A...

Yep.  There I go again not proof-reading before I hit the post button....  However, it looks like Ben has something other than that.
-Bill G

Babybearjs

since we are talking about ITT phones, I just won another one.....
John