Main Menu

AE L-652 Metal Wall Monophone Wiring Diagram

Started by DavePEI, July 08, 2013, 04:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 13, 2013, 10:45:46 AM
Nice job, Dave!
Glad to hear it is performing properly.

Now if someone who is adept at photoshop could clean up both of these drawings and put them in our wiring section..........
Hi Harry:

Well, actually, it is in the wiring section, but I still would like to see a more cleaned-up copy for both. I have cleaned up the drawing for my AE 652 as much as I can, but love to see what one of our drawing experts could do with them!

Love that phone, and it is certainly unusual compared to the AE 44, because only one wire has to be moved, and it can be used local or common battery. Neat!

You can see by the scan below of the drawing as it was in the phone why I had trouble determinig the dial connections!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Dave,
         GREAT JOB !!!!!! Now I can try to get parts and return mine to it's former glory.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Quote from: stub on July 13, 2013, 03:11:30 PM
Dave,
         GREAT JOB !!!!!! Now I can try to get parts and return mine to it's former glory.   stub
Sure hope you can find that induction coil - probably the hardest part to find! I'm sure you will!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Yea Dave, I can see now why it was hard to read! You have done a good job of cleaning it up but I think it could look better to be saved for future phone nuts ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

stub

Dave ,
        Can you get a pic of the choke coil mounting bracket under the treminal strip? ;D It looks to be mounted to a short piece of 1" x 1" x 2 7/8" aluminum angle bolted under the terminal strip and the back of the dial with the new arrangement. Thanks, stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Quote from: stub on July 13, 2013, 05:47:04 PM
Dave ,
        Can you get a pic of the choke coil mounting bracket under the treminal strip? ;D It looks to be mounted to a short piece of 1" x 1" x 2 7/8" aluminum angle bolted under the terminal strip and the back of the dial with the new arrangement. Thanks, stub
Hi Stub:

Yes, it is, but I hesitate to un-mount mine, as I did by accident the other day, and it took me about an hour to get it remounted and screwed back on (getting the holes lined up well enough to re-start the screws). On the top side, there is a layer of insulating phenolic, as well. I will take a photo tomorrow with it in place and send it to you. It is held in place by the terminal strip screws which screw into it through the holes in the frame. The terminal strip, holes in the insulating strip, holes in the frame, and the tapped holes in the bracket need to be lined up perfectly to get the screws started. Once the first screw is in, the other one goes quite easily.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Dave,
         I took mine apart and I see how it was mounted . Just a pic of the dial back will be fine. Thanks again,  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Quote from: stub on July 13, 2013, 09:39:51 PM
Dave,
        I took mine apart and I see how it was mounted . Just a pic of the dial back will be fine. Thanks again,  stub

Ok, you got me a bit confused. Why do you need a photo for the choke and the dial. THe choke is mounted behind the terminal strip - see the second and  third photo on the first page of this topic. Both the choke and the capacitor are mounted on the back or underside of the phone... No problem taking a photo of the back of the dial - its just I don't understand why you need that to figure out the choke mounting :), or is it just that you also want to see the back of the dial?

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Dave,
          I need to fabricate a mounting bracket for the choke coil , if I can find one, and see the back of the dial. I haven't seen that type of arrangement before.  Cool phone !!  stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Quote from: stub on July 13, 2013, 10:55:58 PM
Dave,
          I need to fabricate a mounting bracket for the choke coil , if I can find one, and see the back of the dial. I haven't seen that type of arrangement before.  Cool phone !!  stub

Well, I'll take photos of both in the morning when I go over to work in the museum...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Dave,
         I found a drawing in AE Catalog , Replacement Part, Circular No.1712 A , 11-1953 ( I think) pg.10-11 of the choke coil bracket , # 50 in pic.  D-731354-A .  Thanks , stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

DavePEI

Quote from: stub on July 13, 2013, 11:58:46 PM
Dave,
        I found a drawing in AE Catalog , Replacement Part, Circular No.1712 A , 11-1953 ( I think) pg.10-11 of the choke coil bracket , # 50 in pic.  D-731354-A .  Thanks , stub

Now that would be a helpful catalog to have - I have a later edition (Circular No. 1905), I think, but this one would cover an interesting time period... Yes, that is what the bracket would look like - I will send photos later...

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

stub

Dave,
          Thanks a million!!!! I appreciate it!!! Now the hunt begins  ;D.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

unbeldi

Has it been established by a document or other information that this is actually a Type 60 telephone.  Or is it a variation of the Type 44?

The circuit shown in the diagram on Form D-53982-A is identical to that of the AE 40 Monophone, with the addition of the option to run it from a local battery and the addition of the generator, of course.  In fact, the induction coil is the identical type used in the AE 40.

We had some discussions about the Type 60 here, and the cross-reference was made to this diagram.

What strikes me, is that it has the handset cradle of the Type 60, which places the back of the handset toward the front, not sideways, as in the Type 44.

Dave's phone came with a dial, it seems, but the original phone left the factory without a dial. The dial found is a later mod, and seems to be a type 51.

PS: I am a little confused where or how this topic started, it seems there is some previous history, or some posts are missing?