News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial question.

Started by Kenny C, July 05, 2010, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Will a 7e3 dial from 1971-72 fit in a 202?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

McHeath

I'm going to guess no.  However I have zero personal experience with the matter and this is just based on what I've read and heard the folks talk about here. 

Dennis Markham

Kenny, on the PM you sent to me about this, you asked if a 6e3 would fit in a 202.  Do you mean #6 dial or #7 dial??  A #7 dial will not fit in a D1 or B1 body telephone.  A #6 series dial will fit in those phones.  The #6 is a much later dial and would not have been found in a D1 or B1 body phone but it will fit.

Kenny C

ok  man is trading me for one that will look right in my 202  it has a 1950 kellogg dial in it now
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Don't throw the old dial away.
Can you post a photo of it. Maybe you have a rare dial, what do you mean one that will look right in your 202. You should try to hold out until you can get the dial that IS right.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

i will get the camera tonight I am trading wih stub1953 if it fits. I am pretty sure i dont have a rare dial. It is clocked just like an AE and has the 0/operato/Z plates. i never get anything classified as "Rare"
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

stub

Kenny,
           See if anybody else needs that kellogg dial, I don't  need it , but I have two of the 6E3 dials, 71 & 72 to trade for some AE stuff.  I always need AE stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
             Try to trade for the right dial for your phone!!!!!!!! I don't know which dial is right for this phone.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

LarryInMichigan

Kenny,

Why don't you hold onto the Kellogg dial?  You may eventually need it or want to sell it.  It's already 60 years old, so another few months or years will not hurt.

Larry

Kenny C

i will trade for a 5H dial
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

the back says

HE 505
KELLOGG
REG.U.S.PAT.OFF.
15-G
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

This is the Kellogg copy of the AE dial which was used in later red bars.

Larry

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010