News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo 100A Key - 3 Line Switchbox

Started by Gilas, November 02, 2012, 04:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I recently picked this switchboard up and was wondering if someone could tell me a bit more about it.  It appears to have had something on the front, maybe an emblem or something at one time.  I would like to see if I could figure out what it was so maybe I could find another one.  The markings inside only state 53103A.  Thanks in advance for the help

Mike

poplar1

This was used with a single line phone as part of the 100 Key System. The amber line lamp indicated an incoming call, and the green busy lamp indicated a line in use. There was also a 6-line version and also versions with two sets of keys (but only one set of lamps) for each line so that it could be placed between two people who were facing each other.

The 100 Key  Common Equipment was contained in a wooden case. One problem with 100 Key was that if a line was put on hold, the holding  state was not automatically removed when another user moved his/her key from idle (not marked) to TALK.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Gilas

Thanks for the information.  Any clue what logo, if any, was where the lighter spot was?  Also where can I find more information on the system? 

paul-f

No Logo.  There was probably a user instruction label, price tag from the flea market or something else there.

Some basic info can be found here:
  http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=3670&Itemid=2
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

I had something like this that I bought from Phoneco. wound up donating it... was going to refinish it and never did... what kind of KTS were these connected to?
John

AE_Collector

The KTS was called 100 key as David mentioned. Would be WECo and maybe NECo. Predecessor to 1A (I think) which was predecessor to 1A1 which predates 1A2 etc.

I have one just like yours Gilas. And the control box was available to me 30 years ago as well. Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda!

Terry

G-Man

IIRC both Bell System and General System practices are available in the TCI Library.

If not Steph Kerman and a couple of others on the TCI Listserve are experts on this system.

G-Man

Here's a start....

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=3560&Itemid=2

I believe there are additional, more detailed documents which have also been scanned.

Babybearjs

thanks guys... that goes in to my KTU library for reference!
John