News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first 554...

Started by compubit, May 24, 2015, 01:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Finished my first 554 phone (also working on a white one, but it's getting the "peroxide" treatment...

Purchased off eBay for a low amount. The only real flaw was it needing a new cord - the existing one was separated from the outer vinyl casing, but still worked when tested out. Ordered a replacement cable and both arrived the same day.  Not a challenging cleanup, but I'm happy - now to figure out how to use it - doesn't quite go with my sky blue and white kitchen...

Washed, then Novus 2 polish and Novus 1 spray and this looks better than original, IMHO! (The after photos look great, but it's shiny and much better in person!)

After a good bit of cleaning, here's the result. (Before pics are screenshots from eBay; after pics are mine).  Next up, the orange 1654 (the case is soaking right now...).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

Here's a picture in the kitchen better showing the shininess...

(Of course I found a dull spot I need to polish again...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, very nice!!!

The gloss looks spectacular! Great job!!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"