News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

panasonic 616 question

Started by bushman, October 19, 2010, 08:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I was wondering what model numbers of easaphones will work to program a 616 pbx. Found a couple diff numbers really cheap!

Bushman

Doug Rose

The Panasonic 616 works just fine with default programming. If in doubt, pull the battery strap. All extensions ring! 16 extensions that can hold up to four phones per extension (port). 64 phones. How cool is that? If you are serious about your telephones, this is a must. Best thing I ever bought for my phones. Works as a test bench and I can ring my phones in my phone room. I have mine in back of my comcast digital line, all phones dial out with NO issue, even the WE#2 dials and they all ring LOUD!!! For collectors, this is the biggest bargain out there.....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

The book says only a KX-T61630, but I have done it with a KX-T30830 with mixed results.  The 30830 is not fully supportive of the firmware in the 616, so it is kind of a guessing game as to what you are programming since the 30830 display doesn't seem to display all of what the 61630 is designed to show.

I don't know if the one designed for the higher-end 1232 will work or not.  Better to stick with the KX-T61630 if you do want to customize the settings.
-Bill G

paul-f

Any of these are reported to work.  There may be more.

Panasonic (61630,61620,7030,7130,30830,123230)

As Bill pointed out, there may be minor glitches depending on the vintage of your 616 or 61610.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

bushman

Thanks !  That was what I was looking for.

Bushman

gpo706

KX-T 7130E is your programming set, get one - it completes the system and you can get maximum flexibility out of it.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Tribune

Quote from: gpo706 on October 20, 2010, 03:47:48 PM
KX-T 7130E is your programming set, get one - it completes the system and you can get maximum flexibility out of it.

. . .  especially if you want to punish telemarketers by putting them on hold and playing lame music to them while you make a cup of tea!
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

gpo706

I've yet to try this helpful add on, sounds like lots of fun, what to play on the CD though, any suggestions for really annoying muzac?

Tribune

Maybe some David Essex, or those terrible songs constructed from cat meows!
Mark Furze - TCI, ATCA

To miss-quote "Bones" McCoy . . .
                     "darn it Jim - I'm a doctor, not a telephone engineer!"

gpo706

How about some Mahler?

Or "Telephone Man" by Meri Wilson?