News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: Green AE type 33 ringer box

Started by cloyd, September 04, 2017, 06:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloyd

Just bought an AE 183 space saver in green and I would love to have the coordinating ringer box with green cords.  Shoot me a pm if you have an extra!
Tina Loyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

stub

Tina,
        Great phone , but good luck on the matching ringer. I also need the same one , here's what I have --
         stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Pourme

Tina likes colored phones....She's drooling right now!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

cloyd

Quote from: Pourme on September 06, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
Tina likes colored phones....She's drooling right now!
Actually, this is my only "colored" phone.  I have black, white and ivory in my collection but this green AE spacemaker was SO CUTE I just had to have one!  But yes, I was drooling!  Anytime people post their full color collections I have to admire them.

Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

cloyd

Quote from: stub on September 06, 2017, 09:53:58 PM
Tina,
        Great phone , but good luck on the matching ringer. I also need the same one , here's what I have --
         stub
Stub, what is the official name of the lighter green colored phone?
Also, what year did they switch from the chrome finger wheel to the clear, colorless plastic?

Thanks,
Tina

stub

Tina,
          Turquoise , color code- G . Not sure on the date of change from chrome to plastic fingerwheel .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

jsowers

I'd hazard a guess that the metal fingerwheels were 1957-59 or so. The one in the house I lived in was metal and very cold to the touch and that house was built about 1959. There aren't many dates on AE phones, so you have to estimate.

I saved some auction pictures of a SpaceMaker brochure that I own and they're posted below. Note the date is 12-59 and some of them have the chrome metal fingerwheel and some have the clear plastic fingerwheel, so this may have been when they changed. But again, that's only a guess. It also lists all the colors and I agree with Stub that it's turquoise.
Jonathan