News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A question for you serious collectors...

Started by AL_as_needed, February 04, 2018, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Nice collection, Gary. I remember when you bought some of those...

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Haf

I'm doin it the old fashioned way with ostrich feathers :)
Another good protection is daily use..but of course you can't do that with all your display phones.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE_Collector

Here is a shot of my two walls that have the IKEA Billy Bookcases with the added glass doors. The doors cost more than the cabinets. Keeps most dust out but not the mess as I mentioned before.

Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: jsowers on February 04, 2018, 09:37:46 PM
Christian probably drooled on his keyboard and shorted it out, looking at Paul's picture.  ;D

Nope, I witnessed the picture sighting on a tablet--the tablet damaged by drool cost more than any keyboard! ::)

Yes, a very nice set of phones there! It's going to take a very long time to find early 510s and 532s in color for me, but I'll get there... :)

For sunlight-sensitive phones, use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's widely considered by far the most superior UV protectant available. Turtle Wax is considered a budget brand, so I would trust a specific UV treatment over a cheaper 2-in-1 wax.

I never keep my room clean long enough for dust to collect, but with new hardwood flooring on the way in the coming months to replace my 21-year-old turquoise carpet, I'll finally need a solution for dusting my permanently-clean room! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2018, 05:41:52 PM
Nope, I witnessed the picture sighting on a tablet--the tablet damaged by drool cost more than any keyboard! ::)

And now you'll remember to buy that waterproof case you meant to get...  ;D

jsowers

Yes, a very nice set of phones there! It's going to take a very long time to find early 510s and 532s in color for me, but I'll get there... :)

Christian, don't miss Paul's four 500Us, in red, pink, light beige and ivory. In the third shot you can't see the mushroom caps, but you can on the first one. And as far as early 510s and 511s go, I have just two and I've been collecting almost 20 years, and no 532s.

Terry, those white shelves really set off your colorful phones. I see lots of nice phones there and some WEs mixed in with the AEs and even one empty shelf.

Jonathan

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: jsowers on February 05, 2018, 06:24:03 PM
Christian, don't miss Paul's four 500Us, in red, pink, light beige and ivory. In the third shot you can't see the mushroom caps, but you can on the first one. And as far as early 510s and 511s go, I have just two and I've been collecting almost 20 years, and no 532s.

Terry, those white shelves really set off your colorful phones. I see lots of nice phones there and some WEs mixed in with the AEs and even one empty shelf.

Well, I have a Pink Mushroom...and White...and a...stripped chassis... :-[

Ha, I can best you on the 532 front: One ABS White and a bare chassis. I need a '55 black housing in bad shape to start completing it though... ;D

---------------------

I'm blessed to have a big room, which came with pretty spacious built-in waist-height shelving. The top shelf is about table height, so the displayed phones are easily reachable and viewable. I'm thinking about getting higher shelving on the adjacent wall to display more phones!
Christian Petterson

Russ Kirk

Getting the glass disply case at a garage sale for $40 was a great addition to my collection. It greatly reduces the dusting. The wood shelves will be replaced in the future. I priced glass and led display cases the size of the wood shelves and the prices came in at $1500 ea. Someday....

These two photos are older.....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WEBellSystemChristian

I think we should rename this topic "Telephone Display/ Housekeeping Ideas and Inadvertent, Blatant Collection Showoff Area". Pretty appropriate. ;)

Just messing with you guys! Why don't I see these collections in the Telephone Collection area? The world needs to see them!!!
Christian Petterson

AL_as_needed

Ok so... Got plenty of ideas on how to dust off phones...but now how to stop drooling on my keyboard  ;D very nice collections you all!

For now i sadly do not have room for display cabinets, but someday.
TWinbrook7

twocvbloke

jsowers

Russ even has a telephone patterned window valance. Now that is going the extra mile.

I feel a lot better about my collecting all the go-with stuff after seeing these pictures. It seems most of us can't help but buy the promos and advertising stuff that the phone company generated along with the phones and it's displayed alongside all the phones.

Christian, I like your new title idea. Keep the collection pictures, blatant or inadvertent as they are, coming if you have a solution on keeping out the dust.
Jonathan

paul-f

... but with new hardwood flooring on the way in the coming months to replace my 21-year-old turquoise carpet ...

Was that carpet color code -64?  Color-faded after all those years?   ::)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: paul-f on February 05, 2018, 11:08:22 PM
Was that carpet color code -64?  Color-faded after all those years?   ::)
Actually, more like a cross between Med Blue and Kellogg color code #10 Turquoise! Yes, it needs to go... :o

I'm only using this picture because it shows the carpet so well. It was taken 4 years ago, and I have many, many more phones now than I did then...
Christian Petterson