News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brinybay's Display of Phones

Started by Greg G., September 28, 2011, 01:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I haven't posted here because I didn't really have a "display", but now I do, of sorts.  The kitchen counter started out as a "catch all" for phones, but eventually became a display.  Oh, I do have a "catch all" just below it, but I ain't gonna show it.  The second display is nicer but only 3 phones sitting on top of my (non-working) 1929 radio.  The third one is the only wall phone I have mounted.  I took an old earphone and cut the ends off, then used the cord to rig it like a picture on a picture hanger.  The note above the phone was left on my door anonymously by somebody in a nearby apartment one night when I was testing a phone by dialing it as an extension on my PBX.  This is only 12 out of 65 phones.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Nice display, Greg.  I got a good laugh out of the note your neighbor posted! :)

GG

Wait 'til there's a power outage and you might get a note in the same handwriting saying, "Can I use your phone?"

Greg G.

Certainly not my entire collection, just my WE Hotel phone after I finally mounted it on a backboard and found a place in our home near a jack.  Fully functions.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

The phones I currently have on display.
- Mike Row
e

canuckphoneguy

Great phones, brinbay. I also like your RL Stevenson books you have on your shelf. I'm a collector of old books too.

Greg G.

Quote from: canuckphoneguy on November 19, 2012, 10:37:04 PM
Great phones, brinbay. I also like your RL Stevenson books you have on your shelf. I'm a collector of old books too.

Those are Anita's, she's the book collector.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

Very nice collection and displays.  Well done.

Greg G.

Fast forward 4 years from the first post.  New residence, different displays, many more phones.  I just did an inventory of all my phones, I'm up to 110.

My current "daily driver".  My DD gets swapped out from time to time depending on what I feel like having on my desk.  Usually it's a practical 500, but right now it's a SC 1248.  It's heavy and clunky and this style handset is tricky to cradle between head and shoulder, but I like the resonating ring to the gongs.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

My little niche in the office.  The most amount of phones I have on display in one place.  I put this up w/o much planning or tools, so it needs some tweaking.  The "Farm Phone" D1 in the middle is the only one that does not need some level of refurbishing, the rest are "OMS" projects (Oh Maybe Someday).

Another favorite of mine is the AE Type 21 that I found at an estate sale for a bargain.
- Mike Row
e