News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

REMEMBERING 9/11/01

Started by HarrySmith, September 11, 2020, 09:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Today is the 19th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. 2977 Americans lost their lives that day.
NEVER FORGET
I am wearing a flag shirt today, have a flag on my desk and 2 flags on my car. I used the PA system to announce the nationwide moment of silence at 8:46 AM.
NEVER FORGET
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

I never will. I was at work listening to the radio, in shock.
Went home for lunch saw images on tv.
I cant ever forget those.
KEN

19and41

I worked just south of Hartsfield airport.  My sister called me there and told me to turn on the TV.  I went to the company break area, turned on the set and work suddenly ceased.  Slowly the airport fell silent.  It was like the earth had been shut off.  I remember going home that night worried about what the future held.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

I was doing the same job I do now, service advisor at a Toyota dealership. This dealer was in Westport Conn. For those who are not aware, Westport is an affluent town, David Letterman lived there and other celebrities. Most of the residents were commuters who dropped off the car in the morning, took the shuttle to the train station and went to work in NY. We had about 8-10 people in the waiting room and someone said "Oh my god, a plane hit the world trade center!" Everyone rushed into the room to watch the TV thinking it was an accident. Now had 30-40 people. Mechanics came out of the shop, salesman came down from the showroom and everyone was buzzing. Then the second plane hit, complete silence. Suddenly a woman shouts
"My husband works there! Give me my car, I have to go!"
I will never forget that moment.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

A coworkers daughter was studying forensic science in New York, she was part of the team who had to go through all the parts that came in to the office.
Geez what a horrific job that must have been for her, she was 22 at the time.
KEN

TelePlay

It's been one year since Harry Smith posted this memorial topic.

A lot has changed since then.

Quite a depressing day today for so many for so many reasons.

Thank you Rob O'Neill for the single tactical victory of the past 20 years.

Will be interesting to see what we will face going forward from this day in history.

TelePlay

Twenty two years now . . .

dsk

It was an expensive wake up call for all of us in the western world, we shall never forget, and with the thought and respect of all that loss some close let us do whatever we can to minimize the risk of that something like that may happen again!