News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2 Great Phones found in Antique Store

Started by persido, December 28, 2013, 03:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

Was in the Antique store today, I saw 2 telephones from across the room, got excited when I saw a metal 302 with an E1 handset, could it be a 1937.......picked it up and no vents, oh well it is in great shape, very little paint lost, and only $30. Sitting next to it was a yellow 10 button 1500 in great shape and only $5.
After getting them home and looking at the dates the 302 is from 1938 and the 1500 is from 1967.

Scot

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Wow!  Those are good prices for a flea market, let alone an antique store.  Congratulations!  Great finds.  I sold a 10 button in yellow some time ago and it went for over $100. 

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Contempra

very nice and cleaned phones Persido , thanks to share.

WEBellSystemChristian

Those are REALLY nice phones!!! Very jealous. ;) Check inside the dial card retainer on that 302, there might be an original dial card underneath the exposed one.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

The 1500 would almost certainly get more than $100 on ebay.  I sold a green one for around $180, and yellow is probably a less common color.  The 302 with the E1 handset is also worth much more than the sale price.  You had a great shopping experience!

Larry

WesternElectricBen

Those are some excellent finds, I wish I had your luck.

Ben

kleinkaliber

You've achieved one of my goals, to find a ten button for a cheap twelve button price. Very cool! ;)

Just4Phones

A ten button for $5?  This should qualify for find of the month.  Congrats on a great deal. 

AE_Collector

I will nominate that. Good deal on the E1 302 as well but a nice yellow 1500 for $5 seems like the biggest bargain to me!

Terry

persido

Thanks everyone, I did check under the number card on the 302, there was nothing there.  I am surprised about the 1500.  Push button telephones are usually  off my radar, When I saw the price of $5 I didn't think it was unusual because I have found many newer phones (push buttons) for that price or a few dollars more.  I think a lot of dealers/sellers that don't know to much about telephones price push buttons at cheap prices thinking they are not old enough to get antique prices.

Scot

Doug Rose

Hey Scot...great 38 302.  How many 302s do you have now? I have seen some great pictures of your refurbs. Still my favorite phone, I just love the lines of a 302. How about a group shot of them?....Doug
Kidphone