News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Maitland show finds

Started by HarrySmith, January 20, 2014, 04:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Even though I got to Maitland late there were still a few bargains to be had. One guy at the show picked up a pre-production 302 for only $150.00 :o Too bad I missed that one :'(
I did get a couple of manual 302's, one with an F handset for $20.00 and one with an E handset for $10.00. I picked up a 1959 554 for $10.00, a couple of subsets for $20.00 each.
My find of the day was the AE Type 1 shipboard phone for only $20.00 ;D
I also got a bag of candlestick number card holders for $1.00 and a couple of cloth line cords at $1.00 each
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Harry,

Those are some great finds! I really like the manual 302 sets, and especially the shipboard phone.

Too bad about the preproduction 302, though you would think the owner would have eBay'ed it, because of its rarity.

Ben

HarrySmith

Thanks, Ben. I have been finding myself attracted to dial less phones lately. I almost bought a bunch of dial blanks at the show so I could build some more but the seller wanted too much for them, same with a couple of metal 302's he had >:(
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 20, 2014, 05:03:33 PM
Thanks, Ben. I have been finding myself attracted to dial less phones lately. I almost bought a bunch of dial blanks at the show so I could build some more but the seller wanted too much for them, same with a couple of metal 302's he had >:(

Me too, like on 500s, but for some reason, I prefer the 95A dial blanks, rather than the earlier simple ones.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

I like that E1 302! What year is it?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

HarrySmith

The phone is from 1949. The E1 is 1936. Obviously the handset is not originally from this phone but when the seller offered the F or the E with the phone for $10.00, I took the E ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Someone not that long ago had a nice AE Type 1 shipboard phone that was missing the certification plate. They, if I remember correctly, were looking for a plate to replicate.

And, nice pickup of phones for reasonable prices.

AE_Collector

Nice haul Harry. I meant to ask you if you were going to the show. There wil be some AE 50 parts showing up at your place pretty soon as well.

Terry

poplar1

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 20, 2014, 04:38:30 PM
One guy at the show picked up a pre-production 302 for only $150.00

It is a field trial 302, but not pre-production since it was made in 7-37. I'm still trying to determine which part (if any) was being field tested.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Weco355aman

Phil

HarrySmith

No pics, sorry! I got there late and forgot my camera. Some are posted on the clubs pages.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 23, 2014, 10:42:31 AM
No pics, sorry! I got there late and forgot my camera. Some are posted on the clubs pages.

Can you provide a link? Last one I see on TCI site is June, 2013 Lancaster.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HarrySmith

I guess Keith and Paul have not gotten them up yet, just checked. Here is his post from last week:

"They should be on TCI site (telephonecollectors.org soon!  Best show yet!"
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"