"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice British GPO "Pyramid" on Ebay Now

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 24, 2013, 10:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

ebay link

Someone here might be interested in this.  It looks very nice.

Larry

twocvbloke

Just remember, there's no ringer in that, so if you want an authentic ringing sound to go with it, you'll need to buy a Bellset No. 26 to match... :)

Info on the phone:
http://www.britishtelephones.com/t232.htm

And info on Bellset No. 26
http://www.britishtelephones.com/bellst26.htm

LarryInMichigan

Someone bought it for the BIN price.  Was it someone here?.  I didn't expect it to last long.

Larry

wds

Ok, it was me.  I have been wanting one of these 232 for what seems like forever, and this price was too good to pass up.  This could be the crowning jewel to my collection, and will certainly look nice sitting beside my pyramid extension phone.  By the way, one of those extension phones sold over the weekend for $225 I think.  I'm quite pleased - hope it arrives undamaged.  Once again Larry, your eagle eyes paid off for me!
Dave

George Knighton

Have you ever noticed in David Suchet's portrayal of Hercule Poirot, they kept moving the same ivory set around from office to office and scene to scene?

:-)

An older design than this, I think, but the posts made me think of it.
Annoying new poster.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on February 25, 2013, 09:20:19 AM
Ok, it was me.  I have been wanting one of these for what seems like forever, and this price was too good to pass up.  This could be the crowning jewel to my collection, and will certainly look nice sitting beside my pyramid extension phone.  By the way, one of those extension phones sold over the weekend for $225 I think.  I'm quite pleased - hope it arrives undamaged.  Once again Larry, your eagle eyes paid off for me!

I was thinking of telling you directly about it, but I figured that the extension phone had already satiated your pyramid craving, and I have already cost you enough anyway :).  At any rate, I am glad that this phone has found itself a good home.  I am sure that you have begged the seller to pack it properly.  Mine lost a chunk from its base during shipment.

Larry

wds

Picture of the phone from the listing - I'll post more after I receive it.
Dave

wds

Phone came today - and in one piece.  This sure is a beautiful phone.  Polished up and headed for display. 
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Wow.  It looks great, except for the Washington state number card, which is out of place.  The cords are in remarkably good condition.  Most braided GPO cords that I have seen are tattered.  I am sure glad that it arrived safely.

Larry

wds

I didn't even notice the number card.  I have a British number card I'll swap it out for. 
Dave

Owain

Here's a very nice 'pyramid' on British Ebay.

Apart from the 'Eiffel Tower' this is possibly the most beautiful phone in the world?

Ebay Link

wds

Dave

AE40FAN

Great...another phone to add to my list of wanted phones  ;D

wds

Dave

twocvbloke