USPS Shenanigans

Started by Sargeguy, May 14, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Ooooh, Opa Locka strikes again.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Yea sorry Harry, I had packages go from the Midwest to almost the cal coast then back east again.
It's amazing how confused the postalworkers are these days. Very irritating I know.
KEN

ReneRondeau

The strangest I ever had was a small package from France. It scanned out of Paris quickly, but took a full week to scan into NY. It took many more days to clear Customs, then went to Connecticut.  ??  It finally went back to NY, and a full week later to Anaheim, CA, about 600 miles south. I figured a day up to San Francisco and another day for delivery. But no, it scanned three days later into Guam. ????????????????? Yes, Guam. Don't ask, your guess is as good as mine. Eventually it went on to Honolulu, then to Reno, Nevada (why??), after which all scanning stopped. Nothing. Until three days later, it dropped into my mailbox in California. Whew.

All in all, seven weeks in transit. And no tracking at all for the final days.

19and41

we'd really be doing nicely if the carriers had a mileage bonus applied to shipping costs.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Harry's package sure is going in circles in Florida. Making me dizzy.
KEN

19and41

Round and round..

— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

KEN

Key2871

Its still going around and around, where it stops... No one knows
KEN

HarrySmith

It was in Ft Lauderdale, not far from me but now it is back in Opa Locka!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Looked it up on line, Pat excuse because of covid things are extremely delayed. And yours is not the only one that's doing that. There are many complaints, questions.
But it doesnt say anything about why its going back and forth five times. Im going tomorrow for the third time and tell them to call whom ever and see it stays in one place to get delivered. But i think im going to get the same excuse.
Now i have to admt any day i drive by tbe PO just down the street, it looks like a shipping terminal with all the packages that are all over the porch. Its amazing everyday theres at least a hundred plus and this is a small town, as in tiny.
KEN

HarrySmith

Well it went back to Ft Lauderdale early this morning. Hopefully it will get here today.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

I wish I had your hope. I cant figure out why it's giing back and forth, back and forth..
As i said im going back again to see if they can do anything to get this to its destination today.
KEN

HarrySmith

It arrived in Ft Lauderdale at 2:47 this morning, no further updates since. Unreal!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Its now at the PO in ft Lauderdale, so at least otts very close now... I hope
KEN

TelePlay

This also happens at other carriers, in this case, FedEx. Seller said it was picked up on August 4th. No movement until a week later, September 1st. Once FedEx started to work, it arrived 3 days later on September 4th. Seller called FedEx and this is the excuse he got from them (seems they were really short on staff in Utah, at least that's what they claim to be the case, although I don't buy them having "one" understaffed area, the whole facility must have been short staff for a week delay).

"Hi,

I got a hold of FedEx and one of their trucks with all of our packages had been stuck at a sorting facility because of a understaffed area. I apologize for that!

Clark
Customer Support"