News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Sad Day in Boston

Started by Doug Rose, April 15, 2013, 05:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

A very Sad day in Boston. Heavy hearts for all. I pray there are no more innocent victims...Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

I heard about that too, what a horrible thing to do. And right at the finish line when people worked very hard.

southernphoneman

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 15, 2013, 05:02:51 PM
A very Sad day in Boston. Heavy hearts for all. I pray there are no more innocent victims...Doug
doug what happened I only just got home and I am seeing this post?

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 15, 2013, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on April 15, 2013, 05:02:51 PM
doug what happened I only just got home and I am seeing this post?

In short: At the finish line in Boston Marathon a bomb was planted.

southernphoneman

:( my heart goes out to the victims and their families. this is a terrible tragedy, you think that when you are going in a race like that, you would be safe, heck if I am racing all I am thinking about is getting to the finish line. this is a bad bad thing that has happened. please anyone who hears about this please pray for these poor people who have fallen victim of this...... :(

twocvbloke

I just saw this on the BBC news, it is truly a cowardly thing to do, detonating bombs at the end of a marathon where lots of people have been having a good day, spoiled because some little coward can't abide freedom, enjoyment and prosperity...

Absolutely despicable, and I feel quite sorry for those affected either directly or indirectly, an I hope they catch the person or persons that did it and string 'em up...

southernphoneman

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 15, 2013, 05:51:20 PM
I just saw this on the BBC news, it is truly a cowardly thing to do, detonating bombs at the end of a marathon where lots of people have been having a good day, spoiled because some little coward can't abide freedom, enjoyment and prosperity...

Absolutely despicable, and I feel quite sorry for those affected either directly or indirectly, an I hope they catch the person or persons that did it and string 'em up...
I do hope that they are brought to justice at a rapid pace

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 15, 2013, 05:51:20 PM

Just to think, 20 years ago this was never heard of... At least thats what I've been told.

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 15, 2013, 06:03:57 PM

Just to think, 20 years ago this was never heard of... At least thats what I've been told.

Sadly that isn't true, in 1996 a large bomb was set off in the Arndale centre in Manchester (UK), I remember it well, and remember seeing the devastation a couple of months after when we went to Manchester for something, so, it happened 20 years ago, different country, but terrorism (another word for Cowardice in my opinion) happened, different reasons, but still attacks on innocent people nonetheless...

southernphoneman

you know, I have a 78 year old father who to this day competes in triatholons however he has done on marathon and right now all I can do is think about him being in a race.this stinks because there will be some people even if not affected by this thing, that will think about not competing any more. this is some world we live in , but let me remind ALL that there are still a lot of good people in this world. like the people on this forum.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 15, 2013, 06:14:40 PM
you know, I have a 78 year old father who to this day competes in triatholons however he has done on marathon and right now all I can do is think about him being in a race.this stinks because there will be some people even if not affected by this thing, that will think about not competing any more. this is some world we live in , but let me remind ALL that there are still a lot of good people in this world. like the people on this forum.

Though, there is now way to prevent this, well maybe if we had a prohibitionII, but nobody knows where or what is going to happen next.

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 15, 2013, 06:16:38 PM
Quote from: southernphoneman on April 15, 2013, 06:14:40 PM

Though, there is now way to prevent this, well maybe if we had a prohibitionII, but nobody knows where or what is going to happen next.

Ben
that's right ben, you just don t know where or what will happen next and the thing is that this kind of thing has been going on for eons,it puts me in mind of when I was about your age ben, back in 1975 or maybe 76,when I was living in new York as a young boy there was a bombing at LaGuardia airport, so it goes to show you that what you say is correct.

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 15, 2013, 06:16:38 PMThough, there is now way to prevent this, well maybe if we had a prohibitionII, but nobody knows where or what is going to happen next.

Ben

Thing is, for that to work, everything would need to be banned, simply because you can buy household supplies that can be mixed together to make explosives, so, yeah, that wouldn't work as it'd be no better than North Korea... :-\

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 15, 2013, 06:28:50 PM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 15, 2013, 06:16:38 PMThough, there is now way to prevent this, well maybe if we had a prohibitionII, but nobody knows where or what is going to happen next.

Ben

Thing is, for that to work, everything would need to be banned, simply because you can buy household supplies that can be mixed together to make explosives, so, yeah, that wouldn't work as it'd be no better than North Korea... :-\

Exactly, its just not going to happen.

DavePEI

How sad to see this kind of thing happen in 2013. I spent much of this morning catching up on what has happened overnight, and have CNN going right now on the TV monitor beside me as I type.

Three people died, and over a currently reported 152 seriously injured. The 8 year old boy who was killed was there with his mother and sister, watching for his father to cross the finish line. The mother and sister were injured, as well. Later unconfirmed reports say the sister lost a leg and the mother may have a brain injury. Several other children are listed as injured. Anyone being inured or killed is terrible.

The 19 runners and their support staff from PEI have all survived without injury. As one has come to expect, Bostonians have opened their homes to those displaced and stranded by the blast and ensuing investigations.

We pray for Boston and the very many injured, and hope the perpetrators will be caught - it may not help those killed and injured, but will help to deter others who might plan a future attack.

As some may be aware, there are very close ties between PEI and Boston; indeed to all of New England. Many in Boston have at least one PEI ancestor. Bless you, Boston! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001