News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - August 2014

Started by TelePlay, August 01, 2014, 08:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - August 2014 Run Off Vote  (ONE VOTE EACH)

Kenton K's WE soft plastic Rose Beige 500, soft plastic Ivory 500 and a teletrainer from online for $50 plus $46 shipping
14 (41.2%)
sebbel's Bell Canada 3-Boxer with Blake transmitter and long pole receiver for $500
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

TelePlay

Post your "Find of the Month" for August 2014 here.

A "Find of the Month" is an item that you personally acquired within the last month, or so, that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it, etc.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one Phone, one phone Item or one "Find" that might include multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find for next months contest.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on PhotoBucket. Thanks John.

To check them out, click --> HERE <--

. . . for Terry

WEBellSystemChristian

I would like to nominate my all-dates-matching 1956 500 in soft plastic. I found it in an antique store for $25.

Previous topic: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12381.msg130591;boardseen#new
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

I will nominate unbeldi's Sunday morning purchase, a very nice Ivory 302 for $25 found at a local antique store.

Dave F

Here's a nice beige 10-button Trimline with early charcoal-colored dial faceplate and matching 4-prong plug.  Best of all, it was only $30 with free shipping.  It arrived here on July 31, but I didn't open the box until August 1, thereby hopefully qualifying it for inclusion here in August.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201137072982

DF

Kenton K

Yah Dave, I saw that on ebay, I was watching that.

Good for you.

Scotophor

I'll nominate Matilo's transparent PTT T65 "Delft". Cost: 10 EUR. Condition: Excellent, 1 small crack in back.
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Jimster

I'm new to the site and learning more about phones everyday.  I would like to nominate this Automatic Electric Space Saver wall phone I found on an old Craigslist listing.  I convinced her to ship it and $30 later  here it is:  I love the color.  The back tells me it was last serviced in July, 1971

--------------
EDIT:  rotated image
You have a call on line 2.

AdamAnt316

The thing which got me into rotary dial telephones in the first place was seeing an ad for a replica "1956 pay phone" in a novelties magazine. Now, 20 years later, I have finally acquired an example of one! It didn't come cheap, of course; ended up paying $150 for the privilege of owning it. It's been hacked up in the process of turning it into a regular wall phone, but most of the innards seem to be present.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12514.0

Anyway, here are some pics:

Kenton K

Not sure if multiple phones count, but if it does, I would like to nominate my soft rose beige, ivory, and teletrainer lot I acquired online for $50 +$46 of shipping. I love all of Western Electrics dark, bold, colors.

-Ken

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Kenton K

Quote from: Sargeguy on August 28, 2014, 03:21:43 PM
I nominate sebbel's $500 Bell Canada 3-Boxer with Blake transmitter and long pole receiver:

Drool continues to fall....

LM Ericsson

I would like to nominate my dream phone which I received for my birthday. A Red PTT T65 "Robijn"

Link:  http://tinyurl.com/pwcxkpo
Regards,
-Grayson

TelePlay

Once again it's time to vote for your favorite "Finds" from August 2014. With 9 phones nominated this month, two (2) votes from each member voting will be allowed in this month's contest.

This month we once again have an interesting, wide variety of candidates to choose from so give each a serious review, a bit of thought and vote for the two that you would have liked to have found yourself!

Good luck to all of this months contestants!

jsowers

John, it only let me vote for one. Can that be fixed?
Jonathan