News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Keystone Candlestick

Started by Gilas, June 19, 2013, 07:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

I grabbed this Keystone recently and after some light cleaning it looks a bit better.  The dial, either AE 18 or 23 still trying to figure it out, worked like a charm other than needing some cleaning.  The center porcelain part has had the exchange locations scratched out and doubt that will be the easiest thing to replace.  Overall it appears to be in good shape with just a light bit of rust here and there and by FAR the most is just inside the base and even that should be easy to remove.  I do need to buy an AE cup for it at some point too.  I do have a couple questions for the experts.  

What receiver would have normally come with this one?  The one that came with it appears to be molded plastic?
Also what is the easiest way to break this down for a better cleaning?  It appears to be pretty solid and I don't want to disassemble something and then stare at it thinking &#() or worse yet break something.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

wds

Looks like a model 23 dial, but could you post a picture of the back of the dial?  Also, I don't recognize that fingerstop.  Different from all of my Mercedes dials.  Great phone!
Dave

Gilas

As I said it's dirty still but think it better to send off to Steve than me try and jack with it to get it all clean inside.

wds

I don't see the mounting screw holes in the back that would indicate it's a 23.  You can also check the diameter of the fingerwheel - see this link for comparisons of the different Mercedes. 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5867.msg70411#msg70411
Dave