News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 Dial card holder

Started by oldguy, August 03, 2015, 08:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Hi guys, the finger wheel on my WE 302 has 3 evenly spaced slots for holding the dial card holder. I have seen only have 2 tabs for mounting. Is there a dial card holder that has 3 tabs I can use for this phone?
Gary

rdelius

that might be a #1 fingerwheel.Are you sure i is a Western Electric dial?

paul-f

It would help if you post photos of the front and back of the dial and tell us any manufacturer info marked on the dial.

One maker that used three evenly spaced slots was Stromberg Carlson.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

oldguy

Here are pics of the dial.
Gary

rdelius

Stromberg  dial .The plastic #card covers are prone to warping and are hard to find.Hiltz might have them

paul-f

Check out this topic for a previous discussion on plastic SC card holders...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11119.0
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

oldguy

Gary

Doug Rose

Gary...I never had any luck with those SC dials, to me they are a low quality dial. I would replace with an AE. Just my humble opinion....good luck....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

does this mean this is a Stromberg Carlson phone? I couldn't any marking (but then again my old eyes aren't as young as they used to be). what dial would you recommend (Make & model)? I take it nobody makes anything after market?
Gary

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: oldguy on August 05, 2015, 09:36:33 AM
does this mean this is a Stromberg Carlson phone? I couldn't any marking (but then again my old eyes aren't as young as they used to be). what dial would you recommend (Make & model)? I take it nobody makes anything after market?
The dial is Stromberg-Carlson, the rest of the phone appears to be Western Electric.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Doug Rose

good eyes Christian...I thought it was a SC1243 at a quick glance. A WE 5H or 6A is a better choice for a dial and would belong on this set....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Thanks rdelius, Paul-f, Doug & Christian, you guys are great for taking your valuable time to help me. 
Gary