News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

New phone for repair, this time a tabletop, The wiring diagram was not complete, and a ground ringing button was not in the drawing at all. I did take the original diagram, then removed what was corrected by hand and not according to the phone and then tried to get it closer to right, still without the grounding button.

The handset is newer, and the cords are newer, but here we have phones in use as a part of a safety system. :-)
Off Topic / Re: Recordings and songs that ...
Last post by countryman - Today at 03:10:00 PM
Max Raabe: Kein Schwein ruft mich an: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7qqU_W3Ug

Lyrics: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/kein-schwein-ruft-mich-not-one-swine-rings-me.html

Max Raabe is a German singer,songwriter, comedian, performing own songs in the style of the 1920ies.
Off Topic / Re: Water weighs 8 pounds a ga...
Last post by countryman - Today at 03:02:12 PM
Quote from: TelePlay on Today at 02:40:49 PMWould like to see the percentage liability placed on building management, construction company and the engineering firm that designed the building.

I suspect it will take years for the jurists to figure that out. But the owner seems to be interested in a speedy reconstruction, having pockets deep enough to accomplish this, so...
Last post by TelePlay - Today at 02:40:49 PM
Quote from: countryman on Today at 02:21:52 PMPartly the result of poor facility management, partly poor design. Roofs like that should have an emergency spillover.

I agree.

Someone wasn't going up to check and clear plugged drains, if needed, drains were not right placed and/or size, the roof wasn't slanted correctly or the building/roof settled causing the pooling area. Maintenance should have been walking that roof monthly since it was built to check on how well the design was working.

Would like to see the percentage liability placed on building management, construction company and the engineering firm that designed the building. Someone's paying money for that reconstruction.

I did some rough calculations on damaged roof area and approximate water depth from a 3" rainfall. I came up with about 100,000 to 200,000 pounds of water weight on the area that collapsed, used a 6" pooling depth which seemed reasonable.

A fully loaded cement truck weighs about 66,000 pounds: 40,000 pounds of cement and 26,000 pounds for the truck.
Last post by countryman - Today at 02:21:52 PM
Partly the result of poor facility management, partly poor design. Roofs like that should have an emergency spillover. Glad to hear that no one was injured here!
I have desperately looked for a translation of a German pun since the first post, but found none:
The architect's last words: "Da fällt mir noch was ein..." (Something falls down on me // Something comes up to my mind...)
Quote from: LarryInMichigan on Today at 01:40:50 PMI am a member of at least one forum which automatically resizes images which are uploaded.

Thanks Larry.

We are looking into options in the software that deal with images. I don't know if automatic resizing is part of the code.

And you are right, the uninteresting "stuff" in the background around the desired image is not needed. is not informational and only takes up space on the server. And if the image to be posted can't be cropped (a well taken photo), then resizing the image to the largest side being less than 3,001 pixels is necessary.
Any time that I want to post an image to this forum or anywhere else, I first crop out the uninteresting background and then resize what is left so that the largest dimension is no larger than 2048 pixels.  This has always well for me.

I am a member of at least one forum which automatically resizes images which are uploaded.

Larry
Last post by TelePlay - Today at 01:21:47 PM
In this image of the roof, you can see the markings of dried up dirt (inside white box) on the black roof material indicating water has pooled and evaporated, not drained, from the roof several times over it one year of being built.
Quote from: rdelius on Today at 09:53:16 AMWe built them to work, . . .

Robby,

Given one of the first images posted, I can see the black ringer wire going to L2 and the red ringer wire going to another point on the network that in some way gets back to L1 through a ring capacitor.

Where would you attach the line cord, directly to L1 and L2 or to some other point in the phone?
Two more instances of crashed thumbnails.

After cropping out the background of each imaged, their largest side was less than 3,000 pixels and each cropped image loaded without crashing.

What's interesting is that one of the image, in the 3 image attachment, was the same size as the other (1960 x 4032) and its thumbnail did not crash.

Of the two examples attached, the thumbnails that crashed both had the largest side being 4,032 pixels. And, both cropped images had thumbnails that loaded fully and loaded with the correct rotation.

Again, it is important to attach images that have been cropped and/or resized so that the largest side of each image is BELOW 3,000 pixels.