News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Dial

Started by Doug Rose, August 31, 2022, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I love the North Electric dials. I thought I had seen it all, but inside this Galion was a near perfect dial . Instructions that the dial is self lubricated. Never seen this before.

Bakelite finger wheel and a sound that you know right away it is a North!!...Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

So, that's why they can't be opened up for oiling?

Mike

Doug Rose

I guess it wasn't as cool as I thought  :(
Kidphone

rdelius

They can be opened to oil them but the plastic mount has to be removed to get to the access door 

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 02, 2022, 06:45:31 PMI guess it wasn't as cool as I thought  :(
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I am also a long-time fan of North dials and agree with you that the condition is excellent and the label is interesting.

The plastic on several of the loose North dials in my collection is warped or cracked, so seeing a nice one is a treat.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Quote from: paul-f on September 03, 2022, 04:01:37 PM"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I am also a long-time fan of North dials and agree with you that the condition is excellent and the label is interesting.

The plastic on several of the loose North dials in my collection is warped or cracked, so seeing a nice one is a treat.

Paul...agreed. I have seen a lot of North dials and never an oiling label. The plastic extender is a treat in this fine condition. Most, as you said are warped or cracked beyond using. Thanks my friend...Doug
Kidphone