News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Coloerd WE 302 Followed me home

Started by RDPipes, July 13, 2022, 01:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I really need to stop hunting for phones, it really is getting out of hand.
20 years ago it wasn't this bad but, I reckon since then there a lot more places to find them.
Anywho, this real nice Rose colored 302 came home with me today and the cords seem to be original with their brass restraints dated the same date as the rest of the phone, yep! another 1953 but, this time its 7-53 and the
whole phone just seems like it was pack away some where because there's just NO cracks anywhere, not even hairlines in the handset. Case fits properly with maybe just a hair of shrinkage. Of course I paid a little more this time, $225 but, I think it was well worth it.

Doug Rose

Absolutely perfect! That is an outstanding specimen....great find...easily find of the month candidate...Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 13, 2022, 02:34:43 PMAbsolutely perfect! That is an outstanding specimen....great find...easily find of the month candidate...Doug
Thank you sir!
I already have the Ivory one up as you know but, the way things are going I'm sure I'll have something
next month to nominate.  ;)

HarrySmith

AWESOME! Great looking phone and at a bargain price! Congrats.
As mentioned before you may want tot do a little preventative work to ensure no cracks in the future as it shrinks.
Phoneitis has struck again ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 13, 2022, 05:24:16 PMAWESOME! Great looking phone and at a bargain price! Congrats.
As mentioned before you may want tot do a little preventative work to ensure no cracks in the future as it shrinks.
Phoneitis has struck again ;D

Just like I did on the last two Ivory ones I bent in the base lip all the way around and bored out the transmitter cap. This one I just took a fraction off the inside of the transmitter cap and the case fit so well without fitting tight I did nothing but will keep an eye on it for sure. I've got way too much money in my eyes wrapped up in these to let them turn into trash. I have a habit of taking care of everything I own, babying it some say but, that's why I have a 1970's stereo system that still kicks just the way it did when new and a 2006 Ranger that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor a week ago, just to mention a few things I own and take care of.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: RDPipes on July 13, 2022, 01:51:42 PM..this real nice Rose colored 302 came home with me today...

Sweet!

Mike

RDPipes

Thank you sir, I'm certainly happy with it.