News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thrift store find- GPO Silver Jubilee Telephone- Queen Elizabeth II

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, October 29, 2022, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

I volunteer my time as the electronics guy at a thrift shop that helps others.  One of the guys saves me old phones when he finds them.   He brought be a huge box of parts and a red phone and then This GPO Silver Jubliee Telephone.  Never had seen a GPO phone especially stateside.   But still cool.  end was cut off the cord but hoping i can eventaully bring it into service. 

Also this small British Phone Booth Telephone was in the box too.  Kind of cool.  Phone inside is just a cheap trimline just lifts off inside

LarryInMichigan

That blue GPO phone is quite a find.  I love the color.

Larry

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on October 29, 2022, 08:40:36 PMThat blue GPO phone is quite a find.  I love the color.

Larry

Should look great on the shelf next to my small tardis.  Tom baker would be proud.

tubaman

The blue one is the Jubilee Compact version of the GPO 776. Lots of detail on Bob Freshwater's site -   https://www.britishtelephones.com/tsa4271.htm (standard 776 - https://www.britishtelephones.com/t776.htm)

The phone box is also very nice, especially so with the light in it.

Doug Rose

Did the cut wire go to the white subset that came with the beautiful set?
Kidphone

Quote from: Doug Rose on October 30, 2022, 08:55:41 AMDid the cut wire go to the white subset that came with the beautiful set?

looks like they  were offered wtihout a ringer box,  mine didnt  have a ringer box.  has the long coiled cord off the end though.  Still neat  piece of history. 

Doug Rose

Quote from: Hill Haven Telephone Company on October 30, 2022, 09:19:45 AMlooks like they  were offered wtihout a ringer box,  mine didnt  have a ringer box.  has the long coiled cord off the end though.  Still neat  piece of history. 
the coiled cord goes to the subset on mine...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Quote from: Hill Haven Telephone Company on October 30, 2022, 04:26:37 PMOh nice nope mine doesnt have the subset. 

It's only a ringer, not a subset, so you can still use it fine without it.