News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FAB’s Phone Den

Started by FABphones, May 03, 2022, 03:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

CJ....can you take a Panorama of the room? It would be nice to see what you have accomplished...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 04, 2022, 09:03:36 AM...can you take a Panorama of the room?

Still quite a few gaps to fill in (phones currently in the little workshop) and some wall phones to mount. I have a bit more carpentry to do making a huge backboard for those, but will do.  :)

Meantime, this is the first view. Display cabinet outside entrance door to the phone den.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

Phones displayed outside the phone den? How is that possible? Your phones don't have to stay in the phone room? WOW!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

This heavy cast iron top from a GPO K6 telephone kiosk is now mounted on its display placement.

Backlit (thread):
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=21177

Photo illuminated to be added. :)

FABphones

The back board for the Black wall phones is up on the wall. Constructed from pine, edges routed, and waxed to match in with the other wood in the room.

No more wall phones on my 'would like' list right now, but made oversized to accommodate a few more should the need arise.

(Need to find a way to tidy up those cables).

:)

countryman

Very nice I wish I had any wall phone on display :-(
Could you use some type of spacer to create a small space behind each phone to tuck the cord into? Maybe short lengths of wood slat? Arranged in the shape of a U...

My first thought was to drill holes into the board but then you never will be able to re-arrange the display.

Doug Rose

Quote from: FABphones on August 28, 2022, 08:33:07 AM(Need to find a way to tidy up those cables).

:)
CJ...cords are a part of the phone and should be see. I think it looks great....Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

As promised, photo of the illuminated glass/cast iron 'Telephone' sign from the top of a GPO K6 kiosk.

The lighting up of this gave us an 'ahhh' moment and a giggle. Looks almost as it would have originally. Super pleased with it, a real touch of nostalgia.

FABphones

A bit of phone rearranging.

Cables still need a tidy up so I purchased a long length of 1cm double sided Velcro which can be cut to size. That should do the job nicely.

...room for one more.  ;D

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on October 04, 2022, 08:09:26 AM...Cables still need a tidy up so I purchased a long length of 1cm double sided Velcro which can be cut to size...
Great idea CJ, I have a roll of 1/2" Velcro and never even thought about it and I've been using twist ties all this time instead.
Reckon I've got a new project on my hands but, my collection is in no way as nice or as large as yours.

FABphones

Quote from: RDPipes on October 04, 2022, 09:41:48 AM...my collection is in no way as nice...

Aw thank you. In the main, my collection is pretty ordinary, but there are a few harder to find phones mixed in there.  :)
You and many members here are lucky enough to have some handsome phone models which I am unlikely to ever find.

This is a room which we use (I didn't want the phones shut away out of sight) but I need to keep it tidy ( or I'll be in trouble!  ;D  ) so I'm trying to keep the phones I have limited in number, organised, and off the floor.

tubaman

Wow, I think I need to start looking for a larger house so I can display my collection like that!

Contempra

Quote from: FABphones on May 03, 2022, 05:44:45 PMFrom left:

Genie, Black
Genie, Ivory

I have one of the same model, but for some reason, the 'ringer' does not work. it remains on my shelf and I haven't used it for 2 or 3 years, but since this model is not very common in Quebec, I always keep it. You have a nice collection of 'red' ;)

FABphones

The phones have their own Christmas Tree ;D

Merry Christmas everyone from the Phone Den.

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on December 23, 2022, 03:20:08 AMThe phones have their own Christmas Tree ;D

Merry Christmas everyone from the Phone Den.

Joyeux Noël CJ!

Merry Christmas CJ!