"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess in Dark Gold - Early 702B

Started by SunriseEarth, September 17, 2019, 07:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

Hello,

I found a lot of three Princess phones on eBay.   All were 702B, including a very nice White one and a Red project phone.  But the one that intrigued me the most was a Dark Gold one.   I have a 702B in the typical shiny Gold and white handset and cords, but I wasn't aware that anything like this particular phone existed.  I assume the phone must have been a special order, especially as the date on the base indicates a very early 702B (12/62).

The line cord and the handset cord are brown.  Some work has been done on the phone at some point.   The receiver has a 1956 date.   Also, the receiver cap looks like it was green and painted, whereas the receiver cap looks like it was ivory and painted.   The rest of the phone looks to have been painted better.   Anyway, it's a fun addition to my Princess collection.

Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

Key2871

Very cool. I think it was a promotinal thing or gift to an employee. I'd call that bronze not gold. But still a great find.
KEN

SunriseEarth

Quote from: Key2871 on September 17, 2019, 08:48:03 PM
I'd call that bronze not good. But still a great find.

It's actually very similar in color to the gold used on the bottom of the phone.   I'll try taking more pics in better lighting tomorrow. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893