News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 233G conversion In Progress

Started by HarrySmith, September 22, 2018, 02:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Thanks for the offer Ken, I will just stick with the 302 ringer for this one.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Harry   ....  I was going to re-draw that hand drawn schematic you posted, but it's difficult to work with at 4.1 inches by 5.5" and 72 dpi.    Cell phone picture ?       I can't make out what's printed at the top right, in the area of the switch hook.     If you don't have a digital camera, could you scan it at 100% and post that ?    My eyes are past the "Best Before Date".    Thanks.

Jeff Lamb

HarrySmith

Hi Jeff. I would appreciate that. It was sent to me in an email, I do not have an original. I had a tough time trying to read those notes also. I got most of it by enlarging what I was sent. I do not recall what I figured out but I will try tonight. In the mean time I will email you the picture I got.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Harry   .....    Ok.    I received your e-mail as well.    I'll print it out in as high a quality as my printer will produce, and then put it on my Epson scanner and set it to enlarge and see what that does.   If I can get it to a decent size, I can play with the resolution and some of the other settings and hopefully get something I can work with.   I just need to be able to read it.   

Thanks Harry.

Jeff

Ktownphoneco

Harry   ....    Ok, I've enlarged the original drawing and re-labeled everything on it pretty much so it can be read.     It's converted to gray scale as well for now.     One of the identifiers on the switch hook isn't readable, so I ignored it.    If the switch hook is wired correctly, it it won't matter much as it will be connected correctly by default.    There was a notation over on the extreme left side of the page which made no sense "Heart of Trans.".     I have no idea what that means.    Once I have some spare time, I'll re-draw the diagram so it looks a little more formal.

In the meantime, attached is my working copy that I've enlarged and labeled. 

Jeff

HarrySmith

Thanks Jeff, much more readable now.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Harry   ...  Here's the "new & improved" version of the rough schematic for converting a 200 series coin collector to a simple but heavy, wall phone.      It's not a "Rembrandt", but it should suffice. Could you check this version and make sure it coincides with your original rough version.      Thanks !

Jeff Lamb

FABphones

Wow Jeff, lovely job there. I wish all schematics looked like that. Talk about easy to follow, what a pleasure to work with.

ETA: Ringer too  :) 
That diagram will come in useful. Thanks Harry and Jeff.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Ktownphoneco

Thanks guys.     I forgot the ringer.     Here's a new and improved version, explaining how to connect a ringer if one so chooses.    Thanks.

Jeff

Key2871

A work of art Jeff, that will help a lot of people for a long time to come. Truly amazing.
KEN

Ktownphoneco

HarrySmith

Jeff, that is awesome! Great job on cleaning that up. I matched it up to the original and everything is right on. I already saved it & printed it. I have at least one more payphone to do so I will be using it. Should we add this to WE wiring diagrams topic?
Thanks, Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Ktownphoneco

Thanks for checking that Harry.     Yes, I'm going to send it, and the other one I have that uses the 101A induction coil.   

Jeff

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Ok, the Custom Painted Dolphins Payphone is basically done. I have a few little things to tidy up inside and that will be it. I am posting some pictures of the outside for now. I will get more up in a few days. The decals are not attached, just held in place with tape. I have a few more but I do not want to overdo it plus my wife suggested I leave it up to the buyer. They may have different taste or want them in different locations.

EDIT: I do not know why they are sideways. That has not happened before. Will a moderator please rotate them for me.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"