News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

202 w/ 684 Subset Prodject - Having Troubles

Started by WesternElectricBen, January 15, 2015, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Yes, there is no contuninity between the switchook leads, as you suggested. (When not depressed)

As for the handset, I used you suggestion and I can now hear dial tone.

Ben

poplar1

Since you now have dial tone:
Leave the red handset wire on R of induction coil and remove the white handset wire from GN of induction coil. Reconnect the green mounting cord to GN on the induction coil and GN on the hookswitch.

Connect the white receiver wire to GN of hookswitch, so that there is nothing else connected to the hookswitch except those two wires (green and white).

If you still have dial tone, move the white handset wire to W on the hookswitch. If still good -- that is, dial tone off hook and no dial tone with plunger pushed down-- add the jumper back from W on hookswitch to BB on dial, and connect the white handset wire to BB. If still OK, move the white handset wire to W on dial. If still good, move the red handset wire to R on dial and reconnect the red mounting cord conductor to R on induction coil and R on dial.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

Thank you for your help, we are getting their. I now have it working until the step where the red wires are involved.

Ben