and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TeleNorm T-N-50-6-exchange-1964 T&N Made in Germany

Started by dsk, August 28, 2013, 08:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 07, 2013, 04:50:19 PM
Quote from: dsk on September 07, 2013, 01:48:54 PM
So what I have located is an PBX (no trunk lines) with (in this case) 30 extentions and 4 connections.
(probably a lo cost version)
dsk

You probably mean PAX rather than PBX? PBX (Private Branch Exchange) would normally have trunks to/from the CO (thus the Branch Exchange terminology in the name PBX) where as a PAX (Private Automatic Exchange) would typically not have trunks so it is a Telephone Intercom.

By "4 connections" you mean it can handle 4 calls at the same time, correct?

Looks very similar to the one that I have yet to go collect. Do you have this now dsk?

Terry

:D ;D :D Today, I got the message, and as you have guessed of the smiles. I got it. (for free)
I have cut the cables in the height of the cable bridge under the ceiling, and unbolted it from the wall.

It a quite heavy cabinet and I have to take it down the stairs 1/2 floor because it is between 2 stops of the elevator, bring it up and out on a trailer. (This was a difficult sentence, could it be said easier?)

This is planned to be done within 8 days.

Should it be nominated as a candidate to the find of the month?

:) :) :)

dsk

twocvbloke

Quote from: dsk on September 11, 2013, 02:51:22 PMShould it be nominated as a candidate to the find of the month?

I'd say so, it's not often people find a mechanical PAX still in situ that still works like the day it was made... ;D

Quote from: dsk on September 11, 2013, 02:51:22 PMIt a quite heavy cabinet and I have to take it down the stairs 1/2 floor because it is between 2 stops of the elevator, bring it up and out on a trailer. (This was a difficult sentence, could it be said easier?)

I presume that you mean it's located between floors, thus making transport in a lift difficult as it doesn't stop on mid-floors (unless you do a "Being John Malkovich" stop on Floor 7 & 1/2 thing with the lift car!!), you could lighten the load by taking parts out if they unplug easily, means more trips back & forth, but it's better doing that than putting your back out trying to move it safely... :)

dsk

Quote from: twocvbloke on September 12, 2013, 02:03:21 AM

I presume that you mean it's located between floors, thus making transport in a lift difficult as it doesn't stop on mid-floors (unless you do a "Being John Malkovich" stop on Floor 7 & 1/2 thing with the lift car!!), you could lighten the load by taking parts out if they unplug easily, means more trips back & forth, but it's better doing that than putting your back out trying to move it safely... :)

Exactly what I tried to say. Since I have to clean up after the job is done because it is right to leave the building in a good shape. I don't want bend up the doors at -1/2 ;D. With a hope of been remembered positively as a source to costless removeing problems as waste as telephones, and exchanges...  ;) The company or foundation are owning this and lots of other older buildings.

Another reason to skip that John Malkovich way of doing it its easier to take it down the stairs the going like that with a heavy trolley and I'm to tall. (nearly 6'4")  http://tinyurl.com/mbego36

dsk

dsk

Now It is secured  ;)
I have paced it in the garage, powered it up and changed the dial tone to constant tone. Every electronic device recognized the original Morse code S as a busy signal.
Still problems with linking it to internet, but another interesting development is:
The Telemuseum in Oslo may want to display it in working order. Behind glass, and with open door, you may coll from one telephone to another, and see how it works.

I really hope this will be a reality.

dsk

AE_Collector

That would solve your lack of space issue as well dsk.

Terry

dsk

The telecom museum has putted the project on hold, it looks like the main supporter, the local telecom provider don't want to give support them with so much money as before.

dsk

dsk

In the mean time you may call the exchange and listen to the tones.

I was able to tune down the volume enough to make my tone to pulse converter working.
I had to make the dial tone constant, due to the original was recognized as some busy signal.

The C*NET inbound portal may be this US number:  206-203-6610
When it answers you may dial the C*NET number 47-2-77-66-34  (47= Norway, 2=Oslo area in the old dial plan)
New dial tone. 94 gives busy, 95 rings .... just play around as you want.
The extensions available are: 2-6, 11-15, 80-89, 90-99.  Dialling a non existing extensions seems to result in silence.
(added 24. oct)

So from POTS 206-203-6610 wait for answer, dial  47-2-77-66-34 wait for dial tone and dial whatever you want, and explore it. (eg 94 or 95)

Calling from Google are of course free of charge, just as C*NET.

dsk

dsk

Quote from: Haf on September 04, 2013, 02:08:31 PM
The German dial tone since 1979 is a steady 475 Hz tone, pre 1979 it was a 475 Hz morse A.
Take a look here if you like:

http://tinyurl.com/mgzhjgc

Haf

The could be approx like this on a linksys/sipura adapter:
475@-10;20(.2/.3/1,.7/.8/1)

And my TN

425@-10;20(.2/.2/1,.2/.2/1,.2/.8/1)

dsk

dsk

;D Finally, it seems like I have found another Norwegian telephone collector who may give this exchange a new good home  :)
I give it away to one I believe will use it.  A very young man working in a little company whom may be the only real experts still dealing with mechanical PAX's and central clocks. 
I will definitely invite him to register here!

dsk

dsk

The collector has ran out of spce so it is just to come to Norway and pick it up :)