News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 37 - WE 302 in Moss Green

Started by LarryInMichigan, October 22, 2009, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

This would great in my house, but I'm afraid the final price might be a bit high.

tinyurl.com/yz43py4

S C O R E B O A R D
$135.00 - bingster
$150.69 - Bill Cahill
$168.58 - Dennis Markham
$178.00 - Tonyrotary
$195.80 - bwanna (Winner!)
Sold for $204.49
$225.00 - LarryInMichigan
$225.49 - AtomicEraTom
$230.00 - Dan/Panther
$259.69 - Dan
$350.00 - McHeath

Dan

Sorry larry, but the link doesn't work for me.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bwanna

donna

LarryInMichigan

I edited my original post and make the URL a link.  It should work now.

Dan

I don't think this is one of the "original colours" is it? or is this a grey-green as described by Paul

http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

It looks like a decent 302.  Despite the cracks in the handset, it's a nice 302 in color.  I can't remember what the last one went for, but I'd think $150-$200.

Phonesrfun

Dan:

What about one square to the right on Paul's website where a -51 color code is listed under the caption of later models 300's in 500 colors from the 50's - Moss Green?  I am no expert on colored 300 sets.  I have two ivory 302's, and an ivory 354, so my color experience with them is very limited.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jsowers

According to Paul's site, it's -19 Gray-Green. It looks to be all thermoplastic and not painted. The 302s from this generation (1950) came in:

-3 Black
-4 Ivory
-16 Old Rose*
-18 Dark Blue*
-19 Gray-Green*
-20 Pekin Red*

The asterisk (*) refers to availability on a desk set only. The 354 wall phone only came in black and ivory.
Jonathan

bingster

QuoteDoes this qualify for an auction contest?

Why not!  It's official, this is the next auction contest!  Get your bids in before the auction's final day, and you could be the next winner!

I'm having connection problems at the moment, so I'll add the picture and scoreboard a little later.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

In that case, I will narrow my estimate to $168.58

LarryInMichigan

Tonyrotary

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

bwanna

donna