News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 36 - WE "A1" Wall Phone

Started by bingster, October 08, 2009, 11:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Quote from: Bill Cahill on October 09, 2009, 09:11:47 PM"I'll take curtain number one...."

Oooooh sorry... Behind curtain number one is a rusted out 1974 Ford Pinto.  :P
= DARRIN =

Bill Cahill

Oh, no!  :o you mean I gave my 2 million dollar prize for that???
:o
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

There is still a baby blue Pinto wagon driving around my town, we see it every so often.  It's the only Pinto that I've seen on the road in years and years. 

Wow, this phone is up to 610 dollars and still has a way to go.  Could be a pile of money is going to go out the door on this one. 

Tonyrotary

Phonesrfun

It also looks like the original dial has been replaced with a #6.  For a phone made in 1936 I would expect a #5, or maybe even a #4.  Still, even with the replaced receiver and probably a replaced dial, I would expect it to go for some serious money.

Portland, Oregon, where I grew up had Capitol as its main downtown business exchange name.  Lots of cities had Capitol, but I thought that was interesting.  In Portland, the CApitol exchange was created in the mid '50s when the numbers were expanded by one digit to go from 6 to 7.  They went to two letters, followed by 5 numbers, so just like on this telephone, the format for many years was LLN-NNNN.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

It looks like the final bid is in............$2,815.00.

Phonesrfun

Wow, I was going to guess $2,500, but somehow I thought it would actually go for more than that.

You can never tell, that's for sure.

-Bill G

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Wow, big money.  If I had that kind of money, well I'd probably have bought it. :)

mienaichizu