News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

EBAY auction '56 Red WE 500

Started by Pourme, December 11, 2016, 04:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Did you win this?...I watched this all week....I cleared out a space on my shelf for it.  This was MY phone!

Someone wanted it more....was it you?

It went all week for $24.99, I thought it was overlooked. In the last 8 seconds, three of us went at it. I sniped at $60.00 high bid ( what if I had bid $70.00? ) e***e topped me at $66.00, but h***m took it home for $67.00. Still a great deal.

It looked original, open finger wheel & number card, 6/55 body, 6/55 base. Estate fresh. The pics first posted didn't show the dates, I PM'd the seller and asked for more pics.

Oh well...maybe the next one falls my way.

In the end someone wanted it more than me!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

I didn't win it...too many Red 500s already!

The early '55 dates and '70s handset cord make me believe that it originally had Gray cords. It would have gone higher if it had the original cords!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

The handset cord is 1968 or later (tapered grommet). The caps are 1959 or later (center hole). The mounting cord is black. It's been rebuilt at least once (CONV=converted from another model).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotarDad

Benny - Neither cord is correct, and they are not easy to find.  Red is not that uncommon; another will show up soon.  If you like date-matching phones, hold out for one with the fat, original cords....
Paul

Pourme

All the reasons above is why I set my high bid at $60. The handset just looked newer in the pic, had a deeper red look. I noticed the cords were newer, not fat and grey. I started out thinking $50 would be my max and last second went with $60.

Dropping out of the auction that compubit won last month and nearly won the FOM with was still fresh on my mind!...Ha!

Like I said, someone wanted it more than I did.

Another phone will cross my path.
Benny

finkmac

Wouldn't mind a nice red 500... but they seem to be avoiding me. Oh well!
NT Northern Telecom

Pourme

I know what you mean....I don't own a soft plastic red 500......yet
Benny