News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Did you know you can magnify pictures on the Forum

Started by Doug Rose, August 27, 2010, 08:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

It is one of the reasons that makes the Forum soooo kewl!!

Click on the JPG squiggly under the picture

Open

Use whatever program you have to view pictures (Micros soft photo editor)

Increase the % of the picture

You can zoom right in on anything in a picture and get good quality depending on the quality of the picture posted.  Other lists you can't even post pictures.

Nice job yet AGAIN....Dennis.....thanks.....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Doug:

I like your old license plates. Do you have one for each state you have been to?
Jorge

Doug Rose

Jorge....just a couple with 1953 on them, my birth year. 1923 is my mothers. Dad was 1913 and I'd have to mortgage the house to get a decent one. The collecting bug knows no boundaries....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Doug, anytime a larger photo is uploaded, the forum allows for it to enlarge.   The Forum is set for 700X1200 for a maximum.  It is supposed to re-size photos larger than that.

We were having a problem with storage space a year or so ago and talked about resizing photos prior to uploading them---for the most part.  I like the fact that your are "full strength" so that we can all look in detail.

But as a general rule it helps to conserve server space to re-size them prior to posting.  I have upload many "large" ones in the past.  It's not a big deal.  Just a reminder now for all the new folks.

Here are a couple of posts were we were learning as we went:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=918.0

This link shows an example of a few different sizes:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=925.0

Doug, please don't take this "reminder" in the wrong way.  I'm glad you uploaded those larger pictures and hope we can see more.  A "birdie" tells me you have more photos of that collection!  I think if we upload larger photos from time to time we'll be OK.

After that time in April of last year I have not had to crank up the server space again.  So we're doing something right.  (Knock on wood).

~Dennis

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 27, 2010, 11:16:10 AM
Doug, anytime a larger photo is uploaded, the forum allows for it to enlarge.   The Forum is set for 700X1200 for a maximum.  It is supposed to re-size photos larger than that.

We were having a problem with storage space a year or so ago and talked about resizing photos prior to uploading them---for the most part.  I like the fact that your are "full strength" so that we can all look in detail.

But as a general rule it helps to conserve server space to re-size them prior to posting.  I have upload many "large" ones in the past.  It's not a big deal.  Just a reminder now for all the new folks.

Here are a couple of posts were we were learning as we went:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=918.0

This link shows an example of a few different sizes:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=925.0

Doug, please don't take this "reminder" in the wrong way.  I'm glad you uploaded those larger pictures and hope we can see more.  A "birdie" tells me you have more photos of that collection!  I think if we upload larger photos from time to time we'll be OK.

After that time in April of last year I have not had to crank up the server space again.  So we're doing something right.  (Knock on wood).

~Dennis

I generally resize them prior to uploading to standard web viewing size of 800X600.  That usually amounts to 20% (1/5) of the original size.  Only time I'll make an exception is if there are some details that you would need to see up close.  Even then, I still usually resize them by at least half.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

Quote from: Kidphone on August 27, 2010, 08:28:42 AM
Click on the JPG squiggly under the picture

Open

Use whatever program you have to view pictures (Micros soft photo editor)...

With my browsers, just clicking on an image opens it in a new browser window where it can be enlarged.  No need to fool with downloading and opening in an image program.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

My browser is like yours Bingster.  I use Firefox.